The latest episode of Bailey’s Writing Tips is now available. At just 12 mins and 43 seconds you can listen to it on iTunes (now), Google Feedburner (now), Podbean (when it catches up), Podcasters (which takes even longer!) or Podcast Alley (which doesn’t list the episodes but will let you subscribe) – links and other writing info. on www.morgenbailey.com. It has a focus on short stories but then goes on to give you some ideas, tells some of my news (with an invitation to tell me about your blog!), quotes quotes, lists ‘On this day in history’ events then there’s a flash fiction freebie; a 60-worder called ‘What goes around’.
Online CoursesI tutor creative writing @ Northampton, UK and will be bringing the courses online by late April 2014.April 30th, 201414 days to go.
‘Fifty 5pm Fictions’ Vols 1-5 out now!
Search this blog
My debut novel
Visits since 31.3.11
- 220,238 hits
Like this blog?
New writing blogs!
New blog page!
This blog Kindled!
New blog page!
Blog Design Service
Search this blog
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 16 April 2014
- Book review 40: Morgen Bailey reviews Elements of Life by David Kendrick
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 15 April 2014
- Guest post: ‘Stop Me And Buy One’ by Carol Wyer
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 14 April 2014
- Post-weekend Poetry 115: The Vase’s Last Rose by Salvatore Buttaci
- Author Spotlight no.363 – debut novelist Louise Walters
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 11 April 2014
- Flash Fiction Friday 132: Where There Is Hope There Is Hunger by Christopher Farley
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 10 April 2014
- Guest post: Magic Realism: An Overview by Yvonne Hertzberger
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 9 April 2014
- Book review 039: Morgen Bailey reviews Alterations by Rita Plush
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 8 April 2014
- Guest post: Write Right by Rita Plush
- Morgen’s Monday Musings 013 – my week, news, and what’s caught my eye online
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 7 April 2014
- Book review 038: Morgen Bailey reviews Death of a Cad by M C Beaton
- Author Spotlight no.362 – Jeannie Van Rompaey
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 4 April 2014
- Welcome to my blog
- Flash Fiction Friday 131: Drawings by Jade Kennedy
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 3 April 2014
- Guest post: How to Make Your Book Signing Event Completely Successful by Carol Wyer
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 2 April 2014
- Book review 37: Morgen Bailey reviews Grandfather’s Uncle by Philip J McQuillan
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 1 April 2014
- My Day at Get Writing 2014 by Morgen Bailey
- April-deadline writing competitions
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 31 March 2014
- Book review 036: Morgen Bailey reviews the poetry from ‘A Certain Kind of Freedom’ by The Writer’s Drawer
- 46 Top Websites to Promote Your Book for FREE
- Author Spotlight no.361 – Diane Eklund-Abolins
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 28 March 2014
- Flash Fiction Friday 130: 6-word stories
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 27 March 2014
- Guest post: Left Brain, Right Brain by Jerry Last
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 26 March 2014
- Book review 35: Morgen Bailey reviews ‘The Short Story Writer’s Toolshed’ by Della Galton
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 25 March 2014
- Guest post: Essential Ingredients of Fluent Writing by Ben Russel
- Morgen’s Monday Musings 012 – my week, news, and what’s caught my eye online
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 24 March 2014
- Post-weekend Poetry 114: We Try In Our Meager Way by Salvatore Buttaci
- NLG’s Flash Fiction Competition is OPEN!
- Bailey’s Writing Tips podcast – short stories episode no.38
- Author Spotlight no.360 – non-fiction author Jennifer Boire
- Morgen’s free eBooks – dates for your diary!
- Today’s online writing groups’ poetry and story exercises: 21 March 2014
- Flash Fiction Friday 129: Threading a Needle by Rohini Sunderam
Story A Day May
Like this blog?
The Dark Side
- 300+ guest blog items listed by topic morgenbailey.wordpress.com/guest-blogs/to… If a topic’s missing (or not), you could write about it #guestblog #writing 1 hour ago
- My back garden as of Monday... fb.me/1ILT4UuVc 1 hour ago
- My back garden: 'before' fb.me/3dNMMKYcw 1 hour ago
Keyword tagsagent Amazon author author spotlight Barnes & Noble biographers biography books characters children’s creative writing crime critique erotica erotic romance Facebook fantasy feedback fiction five senses flash fiction Goodreads guest blog guest blog post guest post haiku poem historical interview Kobo LinkedIn literature Morgan Bailey morgen bailey Morgen with an e multi-genre murder mystery mystery series non-fiction Northampton novelist novels paranormal paranormal romances pinterest poetry poetry collections poetry slams publisher rejection letters rejections rhyming poetry romance science fiction second person viewpoint self-publishing short stories short story group Smashwords story author story authors story writer submissions Twitter vampire western Wordpress writer writing writing competitions writing events writing group writing magazines writing poetry YA youtube
Feeding The Father
Pages on this blog
- Ask Me
- Author spotlights
- Blog Design
- Blog interviews
- Books: mine
- Short Stories
- Writer’s Block Workbooks
- Books: other people’s
- Contact Me
- Editing and Critique
- Flash Fiction Fridays
- Guest blogs
- Morgen With An ‘E’
- My writing
- Online Writing Groups
- Other stuff
- Post-weekend Poetry
- Submission info.
- Writer For Hire (and free)
- Writing 101 (tips)
- Writing Courses
- Writing Groups
- Writing Magazines
Like this blog?
Copyright© Morgen Bailey and Bailey's Writing Tips, 2011-2013. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Morgen Bailey and/or Bailey's Writing Tips with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. All guest content remains the property of the appropriate author - any reproduction is strictly prohibited without their prior written approval.
Search this blog
Morgen With An E
Morgen Bailey is a freelance writer and blogger, writer blog designer, host of the weekly Bailey’s Writing Tips audio podcast and two in-person writing groups based in Northamptonshire, England. She is the author of numerous short stories, novels, articles, has dabbled with poetry but admits that she doesn’t “get it”, and is a regular Radio Litopia contributor. She is Chair of another local writing group (which runs the annual HE Bates Short Story Competition), belongs to a fourth, and can regularly be found on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. When she’s not researching for her writing groups, she is a British Red Cross volunteer, walks her dog (often while reading, writing or editing) and reads (though not as often as she’d like but is spurred on by her new Kindle) and somewhere in between all that she writes. Her blog, which like her, is consumed by everything writing-related, is http://morgenbailey.wordpress.com and she loves hearing from writers and readers. You can also read / download her eBooks and free eShorts at Smashwords, Sony Reader Store, Barnes & Noble, iTunes Bookstore, Kobo and Amazon, with novels to follow. She also had a quirky second-person viewpoint story in charity anthology Telling Tales. She has a writing-related forum and you can follow her on Twitter, friend on Facebook, like on Facebook, connect on LinkedIn, find on Tumblr, complete her website’s Contact me page or plain and simple, email her. Most recently she has set up http://icanbuildyourwritingblog.wordpress.com designing blog sites especially for other writers.