As additions to the hints & tips episodes of my Bailey’s Writing Tips podcast, I’ve reviewed some events I’ve been to but mostly interviewed a number of poets, novelists and short story writers, namely (in chronological order):
1. My interview with poet/Northampton Literature Group Poetry Circle’s lead Julia Tonkinson (released 24th Sept).
2./3. My interview with short story writer/novelist/competition judge Sue Moorcroft (part 1: 20th Oct; part 2: 28th Oct).
4. My interview with short story writer/course tutor Joanna Barnden (released 10th Nov).
5. My review of the weekend (20/21 Nov) that I volunteered at Chorleywood Literature Festival (www.cwlitfest.org).
6. My interview with western short story writer and novelist Jack Martin (released 16th Dec).
7./8. My interview with poet/lyricist Louis J Casson (part 1: released 13th Jan; part 2: released 20th Jan).
9.10. My interview with novelist Jane Lovering (part 1: released 25th Feb; part 2: released 5th March).
11. My interview with novelist Judith Allnatt (released 9th March).
12. My interview with Oundle Literature Festival Committee Members Paula Prince & Nick Turnbull (released 22nd March).
13./14. The first part of my review of my day (Saturday 2nd April) spent at Oxford Literature Festival was released on Monday 11th April and the second part, episode 14 released late Wednesday 14th April.
15. My interview with novelist Lesley Cookman (released 19th April).
16. My review of my first day as a volunteer at Oundle Literature Festival (released 25th April) - Andy Lane and Nigel Warburton. Day 2 released as special episode 18 (9th May) and Day 3 as special episode 22 (30th May). Days 4 & 5 to follow as future special episodes.
18. Day 2 of my time spent as a volunteer at Oundle Literature Festival (released 9th May) – Sarah McIntyre and the festival’s literature quiz. Day 3 released as special episode 22 (30th May). Days 4 & 5 to follow as future special episodes.
19/20. Parts 1 and 2 of my interview with poet Chris Ringrose: part 1 released Friday 13th May then part 2 was released as special episode 20 Sunday 15th May.
21. My interview with sci-fi/erotica writer Nobilis Reed (released 23rd May).
Days 4 (featuring Nick Sharratt, Simon Scarrow, Warwick Davis and Michael Wood) & 5 (featuring Katherine Jakeways and the ‘Rhymer’s Revenge’ murder mystery events) to follow as future special episodes.
In the next few weeks I’ll be chatting with novelist Jane Davis and crime writer Adrian Magson. I shall then be interviewing crime novelist Sally Spedding at the Winchester Writers’ Conference early July, and hopefully anyone else that I can catch a few minutes with.
I do have interview slots available thereafter so if you write (published or otherwise) and think you’d make an interesting subject, do email me. I don’t pay or charge.
You can also read an interview with me at Who Hub – if you interview authors and think I’d make a suitable interviewee, then do contact me.
Links to the podcast outlets (iTunes and Google’s Feedburner are the recommended avenues) are located in the ‘Where to find me’ left-hand menu of this podcast or on my website http://morgenbailey.com.