Every now and then at 5a.m. (probably posted by my clone) I will be bringing you a newsflash, update on what I’m doing, invited guest piece, or whatever takes my fancy, and Sunday’s was on competitions so today is submissions for children’s & Y.A.… it doesn’t look like many but the My Perfect Pitch link leads you to more. Do let me know if you know of other sites that are looking for children’s & Y.A., or if you write it and would like to take part on the blog.
Children’s / YA
- New independent publisher Mythmaker is looking for new writers to submit original children’s and young adult fiction.
- Other opportunities for children’s authors include Undiscovered Voices.
- A brilliant resource is My Perfect Pitch.com which has a wonderful page of publishers currently accepting book submissions.
- http://www.newpages.com/classifieds/calls lists a variety of opportunities in varying genres.
- The Writing Squad is a development programme for writers aged 16-20 living, working or studying in the north of England.
And I’ve added a new sub-page (opportunities on this blog) which details the opportunities on my blog, you just need the questionnaire for your genre.
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything… and follow me on Twitter where each new posting is automatically announced. You can also read / download my eBooks and free eShorts at Smashwords, Sony Reader Store, Barnes & Noble, iTunes Bookstore, Kobo and Amazon, with more to follow. I have a new forum, friend me on Facebook, like me on Facebook, connect with me on LinkedIn, find me on Tumblr, complete my website’s Contact me page or plain and simple, email me. I also now have a new blog creation service especially for, but not limited to, writers.
Unfortunately, as I post an interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t review books but I have a feature called ‘Short Story Saturdays’ where I review stories of up to 2,500 words. Alternatively if you have a short story or self-contained novel extract / short chapter (ideally up to 1000 words) that you’d like critiqued and don’t mind me reading it / talking about and critiquing it (I send you the transcription afterwards so you can use the comments or ignore them) on my ‘Bailey’s Writing Tips’ podcast, then do email me. They are fortnightly episodes, usually released on Sundays, interweaving the recordings between the red pen sessions with the hints & tips episodes. I am now also looking for flash fiction (<1000 words) for Flash Fiction Fridays and poetry for Post-weekend Poetry.