Every now and then at 5a.m. (probably posted by my clone) I will be bringing you a newsflash, update on what I’m doing, invited guest piece, or whatever takes my fancy. Today is the seventh in a mini-series of submission information (previously children’s & YA / flash fiction / non-fiction / novels / poetry / sci-fi, fantasy, horror) on the topic of scripts, not many so do let me know if you know of any more…
- A STAGE KINDLY Musical Theatre Initiative launches Literary Department with call for submissions – free opportunity for writers and composers. Thanks go to The New Writer magazine for that info.
- Circalit “enables novelists, screenwriters and playwrights to showcase their writing to film producers, book publishers and literary agents”.
- SKYLINES at Theatre Centre – A new development programme for playwrights wanting to write for young audiences. Thanks again to The New Writer magazine for that info.
- Literary Submission Helper.com has various opportunities including their playwriting page. You get a sample for free but have to pay to see all 500+ across the genre range.
- http://www.newpages.com/classifieds/calls lists a variety of opportunities in varying genres.
- WAC Theatre accepts unsolicited theatre script submissions.
And I’ve added a new sub-page (opportunities on this blog) which details the opportunities on my blog, you just need the questionnaire for your genre.
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything… and follow me on Twitter where each new posting is automatically announced. You can also read / download my eBooks and free eShorts at Smashwords, Sony Reader Store, Barnes & Noble, iTunes Bookstore, Kobo and Amazon, with more to follow. I have a new forum, friend me on Facebook, like me on Facebook, connect with me on LinkedIn, find me on Tumblr, complete my website’s Contact me page or plain and simple, email me. I also now have a new blog creation service especially for, but not limited to, writers.
Unfortunately, as I post an interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t review books but I have a feature called ‘Short Story Saturdays’ where I review stories of up to 2,500 words. Alternatively if you have a short story or self-contained novel extract / short chapter (ideally up to 1000 words) that you’d like critiqued and don’t mind me reading it / talking about and critiquing it (I send you the transcription afterwards so you can use the comments or ignore them) on my ‘Bailey’s Writing Tips’ podcast, then do email me. They are fortnightly episodes, usually released on Sundays, interweaving the recordings between the red pen sessions with the hints & tips episodes. I am now also looking for flash fiction (<1000 words) for Flash Fiction Fridays and poetry for Post-weekend Poetry.