I Can Build Your Writing Blog is a new venture and to-date has four clients:
Jane Wenham-Jones: author, speaker, journalist, tutor (I talk about it here)
- Theme: Bold Life
- Construction: rolling front page, 24 menus, 19 sub-menus, and right-hand vertical menu including: milestones (countdowns to events) / blog follow button / contact buttons / Facebook page / Twitter updates / Goodreads / recent posts etc.
- Jane is an ongoing client so we work on her site on a collaborative ‘retainer’ arrangement.
- Theme: Matala
- Construction: currently static format (no rolling page) with 4 menus
- A simple right-hand vertical menu with archives and categories headings.
- Further development expected.
- Theme: iTheme2
- Construction: rolling front page, 4 menus, 1 sub-menu, and right-hand vertical menu including: blog follow button / recent posts / recent comments / contact buttons / clickable book cover shot / Facebook page / Twitter updates / Goodreads / calendar / archive / pages etc.
- Nancy received the Introduction Guide as part of her package and is now developing her site with email guidance from myself as and when she needs it.
Caroline Beynon: healer and counsellor
- Site currently under development with further development expected as Caroline’s business grows.
If you would like a blog building, regardless of what you do for a living, do email me. I’ll gladly discuss your requirements.
Creating the initial layout (detailed below) costs just £50 / €60 / US$75 / AS$75 which is not payable until you are happy with the design and content. There are extras if you wish and these would be agreed and charged on an hourly basis of just £10 / €12 / $15.
- A dedicated WordPress blog domain (e.g. http://frankjsmith.wordpress.com) provided it is available (you can tell by typing it in your internet browser, as you would any other website address, and seeing what WordPress tells you or I can check this for you).
- A theme of your choice (examples shown on the Design page).
- Four pages (e.g. home, author, books, contact) to include your chosen content e.g. text you send me or text used from existing pages that you’ve provided me, for example your Amazon author page etc.
- Anything or everything you see here on the right-hand side bar.
- The blog’s time set to your country’s location.
- An introduction or summary posting which will appear at the top of your home page and listed in as many categories as you wish (e.g. writing, horror, crime, western, blogging etc) and keywords (e.g. writing, horror, crime, western, blogging, Twitter, Facebook, Frank Smith, Frank J Smith etc).
- Advice of any comments that are left on the blog, simply emailed to you for you to reply directly on to the blog or via email. I do not reply to comments on your blog as it is your site and I’m just a ghost in the background of it.
- Listing on this and the I Can Build Your Writing Blog’s Clients page.
- Mention on Facebook, twice-daily announcements of your new blog on my Twitter feed (currently 2,450+ followers) for the first week and intermittent promotion thereafter.