Podcast Short Stories
The podcast is available via iTunes, Google’s Feedburner, Podbean (when it catches up), Podcasters (which takes even longer) or Podcast Alley (which doesn’t list the episodes but will let you subscribe).
I love short stories, especially flash fiction so in November 2011 I started reading out (rather than critiquing) short stories – in between the red pen critique / hints & tips episodes – starting with stories featured on Flash Fiction Fridays:
- Monday 21st November: short story episode 1 – ‘Captain Jack’s Cave’ (717 words) by Neil L Yuzuk and ‘Halloween night’ (511 words) by Marla Madison.
- Monday 5th December: short story episode 2 – ‘The Ruby Stradivarius’ (588 words) by Issy Flamel, ‘Horror story’ (986 words) by Theodore P. Druch and ‘Lorna doomed’ (999 words) by Phoebe Matthews.
- Monday 19th December: short story episode 3 – ‘On the Bridge. At eight p.m.’ (542 words) by Mia Johansson, and ‘Curbside’ (249 words) and ‘In the Army’ (513 words – read by the author!), both by Kenneth Weene.
- Monday 2nd January: short story episode 4 – ’One Christmas’ (994 words) by Rosanne Dingli, ‘Confession’ (968 words) by Theodore P. Druch, and ‘The White Witch of England’ (984 words) by Jane Risdon.
- Monday 16th January: short story episode 5 – ’The Grey Stones and Leaden Cross’ (520 words) by Issy Flamel, ‘Loss’ (314 words) by Morgen Bailey :) and ‘That Old Feeling’ (548 words) from JD Mader.
- Monday 30th January: short story episode 6 – ’Zombie Fight Song’ (999 words) by Bob Frey, ‘The Visit’ (998 words) by Ralph Murray and ‘The Old Barn’ (411 words) by Theodore P. Druch.
- Monday 13th February (unlucky stories): short story episode 7 – ’The Paper Doll’ (996 words) by Cindy Vaskova, ‘The Advert’ (997 words) by Susi Holliday and second-person viewpoint story ‘Albeit for Small Mercies’ (272 words) by yours truly, Morgen Bailey.
- Monday 27th February: short story episode 8 – ’The Red-Haired Girl’ (100 words) by Smoky Zeidel, ‘A Damned Hot Day’ (477 words) by Michael C Boxall and ‘You are what you don’t eat’ (981 words) by Joy V Smith.
The podcasts then changed to every other Sunday with the stories running monthly…
- Sunday 25th March: short story episode 09 – Cindy Vaskova returns with another flash fiction story ’Fragments from the Past‘, ’Discarded‘ (279 words) by multi-genre author Karina Kantas and ’Desire‘ (127 words) and ‘The Birthday Cake‘ (159 words) by horror, crime, thriller writer, interviewee and spotlightee AJ Kirby.
- Sunday 22nd April: short story episode 10 – ‘A Fine Day‘ (1498 words) by interviewee and multi-genre writer Jim Sellers, Flash Fiction Friday contributors ‘Baby Fat‘ (837 words) by Sheila Pierson and ’Refugees in the cave‘ (753 words) by Joy V Smith.
- Tuesday 29th May: short story episode 11 – The Jazz and The Blues by Mia Johansson, two stories by AJ Kirby and The Ticket by Carrie King.
- Monday 18th June: short story episode 12 – Bowed out by Marc Nash, Hachette by Will Macmillan-Jones and Over by myself, Morgen Bailey.
- Sunday 15th July: short story episode 13 – Revenge is a dish best served… alive (701 words) by Christopher Farley, AJ Kirby’s I dream of violence (500 words) and Dreams (210 words) by JD Mader.
- Sunday 12th August: short story episode 14 – Her reflection calls her Tess (925 words) by Kimberly Gray, The Picture (418 words) by Will Macmillan-Jones, and Sacrament (831 words) by Travis Eaton.
- Tuesday 11th September: short story episode 15 – Portraits of a young artist in Istanbul by Gene Parola (29th June). Fourth of July by short story author and novelist DJ Paterson (6th July). Sleep well (727 words) by Christopher Farley (13th July).
- Sunday 14th October: short story episode 16 – Mended memories by Marjorie Doering, Modestina by Marlene Caroselli, and Blank. Screen Blues. by Will Macmillan-Jones.
- Sunday 4th November: short story episode 17 – Three pieces by Abbie Lipschutz, Cafe Mort by Nathan Weaver and Autumn preserves by Susan Moffat.
- Sunday 2nd December: short story episode 18 – Family History (written and read) by Johnnie Johnson, The Masterpiece by Linda Rondeau and The McKenna Chronicles – Home Warranty Companies by Terry Ambrose.
- Sunday 30th December: short story episode 19 – The Moon by Will Macmillan-Jones, Gabriele by Marlene Caroselli and Homespun Cryonics by Angie Sargenti.
- Sunday 27th January 2013: short story episode 20 – The Main Course by Christopher Farley, Know that you are loved by Dr Margaret Aranda, Blue Angel Planet by children’s author J.D. Means, and a bonus story: The Bus Driver Who Stopped and Then Didn’t by Dan Purdue.
- Sunday 24th February: short story episode 21 – Faulkner’s Ghost by Donald E Schwarz, Doubt by Simon Lavery, and Carte Blanche by Marion Grace Woolley.
- Sunday 24th March: short story episode 22 – The Confidant by Rodica Mihalis, The Honey Trap by Jane Risdon, and Between Floors by Rowena Simpkiss.
- Sunday 21st April: short story episode 23 – Glistening in the Moonlight by Dr Margaret Aranda, A Time in the Trees by Ron Chavez, and Time to Change by Jessica Grace Coleman.
- Monday 6th May: short story episode 24 – Beyond the Horizon by Rika Natsume, Fantasies by Elizabeth Cage, and Decision by Kathy Lynn Harris.
- Sunday 19th May: short story episode 25 – Small Hours by JD Mader, A Clumsy Tale by Dorit Kedar, and End it All! End it All! by Salvatore Buttaci.
- Sunday 2nd June: short story episode 26 – I Am by Neal James, Sitting on the Edge of the Cave by Dr Margaret Aranda and Music Of The Spheres by Kenna McKinnon.
- Sunday 16th June: short story episode 27 – 1966 And All That by me, Morgen Bailey, The Little Guy Smiled then This Is The Way It Was Done, both by John Brantingham.
- Sunday 30th June: short story episode 28 – The Little Black Dress by Della Galton, The Secret of Willow Cottage and the Reluctant Bride by Jane Risdon and Mooving Out by Joy V Smith.
- Sunday 14th July: short story episode 29 – The Sea and His Guitar by Kenna McKinnon, The Spores by JD Mader and Silence Was His Answer by John Brantingham.
- Sunday 28th July: short story episode 30 – The Blue Dress by Caron Allan, Twisted Pearls by Phyllis J Burton, Carnies by Joy V Smith.
- Sunday 11th August: short story episode 31 – The Secret of Willow Cottage and the Tale of the Jilted Lover – a prequel by Jane Risdon and you could have your story read by me here.
- Sunday 25th August: short story episode 32 – Resistance by Caron Allan and you could have your story read by me here.
- Sunday 8th September: short story episode 33 – you could have your story read by me here.
- …and so on.