NLG Flash Fiction Competition
*** THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED FOR 2014 – winners announced late July ***
The Northampton Literature Group used to a yearly Poetry Competition but it is on hold for the foreseeable. They are however running a 500-word max. Flash Fiction Competition instead and 2014 is the second year… with me, Morgen Bailey, as Head Judge!
The writing group will do the first round judging (with a selection of the stories per person, depending on number of entries) and I shall read them all (regardless of number of entries, I’m a glutton for punishment!).
Brenda, our Competition Secretary, will receive the entries and forward to the group / myself, allocating numbers to each entry. She will then collate the scores and the three winners will be announced here, and their stories being published in full on the NLG website. Only Brenda will know the authors’ names ensuring complete impartiality. Do not send any submissions to me.
The rules are:
- 500 words maximum (excluding title). Stories of longer length will be excluded with no refunds given.
- Closing date: midnight 30th June (UK time). Entries received after this time will not be included and monies paid will not be refunded.
- There is no theme. The authors can therefore write on any topic or use any genre of fiction.
- Stories must be written in English only and not have been previously published (in print or online), won an award or be currently entered in another competition.
- Your name must not appear on any story but on the email only (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Initial judging by Northampton Literature Group Writing Circle. Head Judge: Morgen Bailey.
- Do not send any entry correspondence directly to the Head Judge.
- Copyright remains with the author but by entering this competition you give your approval to being published should you be in the top three.
- Entry fees will be: £2 per story, £5 for three stories, payable online by PayPal (link on the NLG entry form page).
- Prizes: £50, £35, £15 and seven unpaid Highly Commended.
- In the event of a tie, the Head Judge’s decision is final.
- The top three winning stories will be published in full on the NLG website and http://morgenbailey.wordpress.com.
No entries to me please, but you can contact me if you have any general queries.