** 6-WORDERS ARE CURRENTLY BOOKING INTO LATE NOVEMBER 2013 **
Inspired by an upcoming guest blog piece entitled ‘Writing Flash Memoir’ by flash fiction and non-fiction author Jane Hertenstein, I am running, from 26th July 2013, and on the last Friday of each month, Flash Fiction Fridays compiled solely of 6-word fiction on the last Friday of the month. Ernest Hemingway’s ‘For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn’ is the most well-known example. It can tell us a ‘now’ or ongoing situation, a feeling, anything you like, but it has to make sense.
Guidelines: If you’d like your 6-word story considered, email me :
- your family-friendly (no swearing) 6-word story*.
- your 6-word third-person biography e.g. John Smith, http://johnsmith.com, writer by night. Yes, not kidding, and your website will count as one word and your name as two words (or I can link your name to your website to give you an extra word) so you have 3-4 words to tell us all about you.
- That’s it. No photo, no book synopsis, just 12 words (plus a “hello” / bit of chat please, I am human :)). And please remember to include your website address. If you don’t have one but want one, I design WordPress blogs / websites from just £50 / $75.
- If it’s suitable I’ll email you with the Friday I plan to run it and it’ll be added to the schedule on this page as well as on the Flash Fiction Fridays page (for which I welcome submissions of up to 500 words).
- *You can send me as many as you like but I will probably not run more than 10-15 per month in total (one or two per author) so some may appear later Fridays. I will let you know in advance.
- I will also plan to podcast your story/ies at a later date (c. one month after the story runs on this blog) so let me know if you DO NOT wish me to do this.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks for a reply before chasing me!
NOTE: Because of the high volume of enquiries received generally, I don’t schedule in advance but when I receive the content.
If accepted, your story/ies will be listed below and on the on the Flash Fiction Fridays page.
- FFF 097. The first batch of 6-word stories including Stefan Bolz, DJ Paterson, Jen Squire, Kim Dalferes, Melanie Taylor, Iain Pattison, Kimberly Sperling, Tony Tibbenham, Morrison Bailey, and yours truly – (26th July 2013). These stories were podcasted in episode 31 (Sunday 8th September).
- FFF 102. The second batch of 6-word stories including DJ Paterson, Jen Squire, Kim Dalferes, Tony Tibbenham, Morrison Bailey, Kimberly Sperling, Julie Lees, Russell Flowers, Caroline Cannons and yours truly – (30th August). These stories were podcasted in episode 33 (Sunday 3rd November).
- FFF 106. The third batch of 6-word stories including Kim Dalferes, Tony Tibbenham, Julie Lees, William Bortz, Kimberly Sperling, and yours truly (27th September). These stories will be podcasted in episode 34 (Sunday 1st December).
- FFF 110. The fourth batch of 6-word stories including William Bortz, Caroline Cannons, Laura Rittenhouse, Ken Magee, Mark Morris, Kimberly Sperling, Mark K, Karen Bate, and yours truly – (25th October). These stories will be podcasted in episode 34 (Sunday 29th December).
- FFF 115. The fifth batch of 6-word stories including William Bortz, Laura Rittenhouse, Karen Bate, Shel Sheddy, Mark K, and yours truly – you could be listed here (29th November). These stories will be podcasted in episode 36 (Sunday 26th January).
- FFF 119. The sixth batch of 6-word stories – Karen Bate, Mark K,and yours truly – you could be listed here (27th December). These stories will be podcasted in episode 37 (Sunday 22nd February).
- FFF 124. The seventh batch of 6-word stories – you could be listed here (31st January 2014). These stories will be podcasted in episode 38 (Sunday 22nd March).
- and so on…