Guest blog topics
I’ve been fortunate enough to have more than 300 guest blog posts written for me, and when I’m contacted by authors wishing to write posts, they’re a little overawed by the topics covered so I thought I’d make it clearer.
Below are the topics covered to-date, and those yet to be discussed (not a lot!). If you would like to write about any topics not covered (or for that matter, ones that have already been covered), just let me know.
I post these (or other writing-related content) weekday mornings (UK time), and am looking for:
- 500-1,000 words on a first-person informative writing-related topic (if you’re stuck for ideas look at the list of posted items and / or see below for topics already covered) ending with a question(s) to encourage the reader to comment.*
- <500-word third-person biography*
- optional <500-word synopsis of one of your books*
- full website links (no tinyurl.com etc) to where we can find you and your writing*
- *please send all text together in one document attachment, not pasted into an email
- low-resolution .jpg photos of yourself and / or one or two covers (as separate files within the same email)… then when everything’s ready, email to me at email@example.com.
- I like to mix the topics so please be aware that you may not necessarily get the next available slot.
- Please note: Due to previous Google compliance issues, I am not longer accepting submissions from online bloggers with non-writing-related site links, and in all cases, submission does not guarantee acceptance.
- Because of the high volume of enquiries, I don’t schedule in advance but when I receive the content.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks for a reply before chasing me. Thank you.
Do you have a blog / website and would like me to guest blog on yours? Take a look here.
There are also opportunities for author spotlights, blog interviews (although the interviews now carry a £20 / $30 fee) and flash fiction (6 words and <500 words) for the weekly Flash Fiction Fridays (which are later podcasted) or weekly Post-weekend Poetry. Take a look at the relevant pages for their lead times. I also have five Online Writing Groups, four of which run weekday writing exercises.
Click here for a chronological list of guest blogs posted and scheduled. If you hover over the authors’ names you’ll see, within the post’s full link, the exact topic they’ve talked about.
Topics covered to-date:
- Admin: Andrew Crofts, Paul Hurst, Paul Taylor.
- Anthologies: Cheryl Shireman.
- Audio: Jean Henry Mead, Ken Le Salle, Rachel Cochrane.
- Author vs writer: Alana Woods, Bob Frey.
- Beginnings: Alicia Rasley, Deborah Rae Cota, Graham Smith, Melodie Campbell, Roxanne Porter.
- Blogging: Allison Finney, Amanda Klein & Allyson Wuerth, Anne R Allen, Erin Palmer, Morgen Bailey 1, Morgen Bailey 2, Morgen Bailey 3.
- Blurbs: Ken Magee.
- Characters: Armand Rosamilia, Carol Crigger, Chris Redding, Christopher Starr, Ditrie Sanchez, Graham Smith 1, Graham Smith 2, Jane Davis, Jerry Last, Morgen Bailey, Nina Munteanu, Paul Lell, Sandra Humphrey, TJ Perkins 1, TJ Perkins 2.
- Children’s: see Genres – children’s
- Christmas: Helen M Hunt, Lorna Fergusson, Trisha Ashley.
- Collaborations: Andrew Crofts, David Coles, Lauren Bailey.
- Competitions: Ben Skinner, Dal Burns, John Yeoman.
- Computer tips: Morgen Bailey (part 1) and Morgen Bailey (part 2).
- Covers: Nina Munteanu, Vonnie Winslow Crist.
- Craft of writing: Aileen Gibb, Allison Foster, Andre Cruz, Benjamin Cohen, FM Meredith, Graham Smith 1, Graham Smith 2, Ian Miller, Ira Nayman, Jane Wenham-Jones 1, Jane Wenham-Jones 2, João Cerqueira, Jemma Hayes, J Griffith Mitchell, Maria Castle, Melodie Campbell, Marion Grace Woolley, Melodie Campbell, Morgan St James, Morgen Bailey (essentials), Morgen Bailey (rituals), Morgen Bailey (negatives), Morgen Bailey (writing tips), Nathan Weaver, Patrick Swimmerly, Paul Lell part 1, Paul Lell part 2, Quentin Bates, Roger Hurn, Samantha Gray, Sherry Gloag, SJ Wardell, Stefan Bolz, Sue Welfare, Tracy Kauffman, and VM Gopaul.
- Critique – see Feedback
- eBooks: Caroline A Shearer, Dave Sivers 1, Dave Sivers 2, David Coles 1, David Coles 2, Fred Willard, Joseph V Sultana, Marlayna Glynn Brown, Nadia Jones, Paul Hurst 1, Paul Hurst 2, Tad Wojnicki, Terri Morgan.
- Editing: Alana Woods, John J Hohn, Kathryn Meyer Griffith, Marcia Riefer Johnston, Yvonne Anderson.
- eNewsletters: Rebecca Dahlke.
- Endings: Ian Miller.
- Epilogues/prologues: Lauren Grimley.
- Erotica – see Genres – romance / erotica
- Events: Alice Shapiro, and Feather Schwarz Foster.
- Feedback/critique/rejections: AJ Race, Al Levenson, Catherine Astolfo, CS Lakin, Dana Sitar, Melodie Campbell, Nancy Ellen Dodd.
- Flash Fiction – see Short Stories
- Fundraising: Dan Grubb, Nathan Zinc & Julie M Covert, Stephen Black.
- Genres – children’s: Fiona Veitch Smith, Glen Strathy, Jaquelyn Muller, Roger Hurn, Sarahjane Funnell, Sheila Dalton.
- Genres – crime/mystery/thriller/suspense: Graham Smith 1, Graham Smith 2, DJ Swykert, Jim Webster, Marietta Miemietz, Marla Madison, Quentin Bates, Warren Bull, Wayne Zurl.
- Genres – fantasy: Andy Barten, Rae Z Ryans, TJ Perkins, Vonnie Winslow Crist.
- Genres – historical: Alison Bruce, Lou Allin, Margaret Muir, Phoebe Matthews,
- Genres – horror: Armand Rosamilia, Marla Madison.
- Genres – humour: Sophie Duffy and Valerie Laws.
- Geners – literary: João Cerqueira.
- Genres – non-fiction: AJ Kirby, Amanda Klein & Allyson Wuerth, DJ Swykert, Dr Friedemann Schaub, Graham Smith, Jane Hertenstein, Jeff Rasley, Jennifer Boire, Karen Robbins, Kristine Millar, Sean Gray, Tonya Vrba.
- Genres – romance / erotica: Cherry Radford, Jane Wenham-Jones, Melodie Campbell, Quentin Bates, and Sarah Clare.
- Genres – science-fiction: Dal Burns, Joy V Smith 1, Joy V Smith 2, Paul Lell.
- Genres – mixed: Alison Bruce, Anne O’Connell, Robin Leigh Morgan, Shaundra Kennedy Wenger.
- Grammar: Morgen Bailey.
- Graphic novels inc. manga: TJ Perkins.
- Health: Rayne E Golay.
- ‘How to’ books: Alicia Rasley.
- Ideas & inspiration: Anna White, Barbara Jolie, Debra Borys, Ellen L Ekstrom, Fran Dorf, Graham Smith, Jane Wenham-Jones part 1, Jane Wenham-Jones part 2, JD Mader, Kim Cresswell, Kurt Kamm, Maria Rainier, Neil Yuzuk, Morgen Bailey, Nina Munteanu, Quentin Bates re. food, Quentin Bates re. peoplewatching, Richard Brawer, Rochelle Reese, Sandra Humphrey, Toinette Thomas, William J Jackson.
- Illustration: Vonnie Winslow Crist.
- Kickstarter – see Fundraising
- Legacies: Una Tiers.
- Libraries: Terri Morgan.
- Locations: see Settings
- Marketing: Bill Munro, Catherine Lundoff, Christopher Profeta, CS Lakin, Gary Showalter, Eric Muss-Barnes, Feather Schwarz Foster, Heather Green, Jamie Cawley, Jane Wenham-Jones, Judith Marshall, Kathryn Jones, Kim Dalferes, Lev Raphael, Patricia Fry, Phyllis Zimbler Miller, Rachel Abbott 1, Rachel Abbott 2, Robert Rosen, Sarahjane Funnell, Terri Morgan.
- Middles: Heidi M Thomas.
- Misc: JD Mader re. America.
- Music: JD Mader, Paul Hurst.
- NaNoWriMo: Andrew Peters, Evan Marshall & Martha Jewett, Morgen Bailey, Rochelle Melander, JD Mader.
- Non-fiction: see Genres – non-fiction
- Pen names: see Pseudonyms
- Planning: Adrian Magson, Nancy Dodd, Rachel Abbott.
- Poetry: Alice Shapiro, Angelita Williams, Cendrine Marrouat, John J Hohn, Kerry Hammerton, Phillip Ellis.
- Points of view: FM Meredith, Morgen Bailey, Rosemary McCracken, Yvonne Hertzberger.
- Politics: Paula Friedman.
- Procrastination: see Writer’s block.
- Promotion: see Marketing.
- Proofreading: Brian Karrey.
- Pseudonyms: Janey Fraser, Juliet Greenwood, Una Tiers.
- Publishing (traditional): anonymous, CS Lakin, Daniel Grubb, Gila Green, Joseph V Sultana, Sandra Miller, Sophie Essen, and Yvonne Cassidy.
- Publishing (self): Andrew Crofts, Annie Ireson, Bill Munro, David Coles, Ethan Jones, Jane Davis, Jean Henry Mead, Sandra Miller, Sarahjane Funnell, Sheron McCartha, Tad Wojnicki, TJ Perkins, Tracey Sinclair.
- Readers/reading: Deb Atwood, Graham Smith, Morgen Bailey, Rosie Cochran, Saskia Akyil, Warren Bull.
- Rejections: see Feedback
- Research/accuracy: Alison Bruce, George Bernstein, Graham Smith, Jackie Weger, Neil Yuzuk part 1, Neil Yuzuk part 2, Neil Yuzuk part 3, Velda Brotherton.
- Screenwriting: Nancy Dodd.
- Scriptwriting: Alice Shapiro, Dal Burns, Morgen Bailey.
- Self-publishing: see Publishing (self)
- Series – Nicole Dunlap.
- Settings: Andy Barten, Barbara Quinn, Kenneth Weene, Lea Ryan, Lou Allin, Paul Lell, Morgan St James, Peter Murphy.
- Sex scenes: see Genres: romance/erotica
- Short stories: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
- Social media / networking: Kim Dalferes, Lynn Albrecht, Seumas Gallacher.
- Songwriting: Jane Risdon, and Morgen Bailey.
- Story structure (also see Beginnings/Middles/Endings): Christine Hunt part 1, Christine Hunt part 2, Christine Hunt part 3.
- Submissions: Amanda Klein & Allyson Wuerth.
- Swearing: Graham Smith, Jane Davis.
- Synopses: Ken Magee.
- Titles: Catherine Stovall, JL Greger, Kenneth S Murray.
- Wattpad: Phyllis Zimbler Miller.
- Websites: DV Berkom.
- Women’s magazines: Helen M Hunt.
- Word count: CS Lakin.
- Writer’s block: Danika Dunsmore, Louisa Clarkson, Marlene Carolselli, Nicky Wells, Smoky Ziedel, Tracey Alley.
- Writing groups: Carmen Brettel, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan.
- Writing guides: see How to books
- Writing retreats & workshops: Helen M Hunt, Quentin Bates, Tad Wojnicki.
NB. Just because a topic’s been covered it doesn’t mean to say that you can’t write something new about that topic – we all think and work differently.
So, if there’s anything above that grabs you, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I post these every Tuesday and Thursday evenings (UK time), and am looking for writing-related topics up to c. 1000 words with a <500-word third-person biography, <500-word synopsis of one of your books (if you wish), along with photos of yourself and / or one or two covers (as separate files please) and links to where we can find you and your writing. I like to mix the genres so if you submit please be aware that you may not necessarily get the next available slot. Please send as attachments wherever possible, thank you.
There are also opportunities for author spotlights, blog interviews (although the interviews now carry a fee) and flash fiction for the weekly Flash Fiction Fridays (which are then podcasted) or weekly Post-weekend Poetry. Take a look at the relevant pages for their lead times. I also now have five Online Writing Groups.