Reviewers – Non-Fiction
I’m starting to compile reviewers of different genres / formats and just have these few for non-fiction authors so far. NB. Some may well not take unsolicited enquiries so please check before you submit your book.
- http://www.ft.com/life-arts/books/non-fiction is the Financial Times’ non-fiction section
- www.HIPliterarymagazine.wordpress.com is looking for poetry, fiction, non-fiction, plays, reviews, essays etc. Submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hollywood Inside Syndicate, Attn: John Austin, P.O. Box 49957, Los Angeles, CA 90049-0957 (non-fiction only)
- Nick Buchan reviews crime, sci-fi/fantasy and non-fiction.
- http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/reviews/nonfiction.html but you have to be a subscriber.
- Scintilla Press welcomes book reviews (and submissions of fiction, non-fiction, poetry).
- http://www.smsnonfictionbookreviews.com specialises in non-fiction and children’s.
- http://www.bizsum.com “provides you with the best summaries of the best business books, every day”.
- Dr Letitia Wright is a business book reviewer for the Los Angeles Examiner.
- The Institute of Directors, “in association with Kogan Page, offers an extensive range of business titles that can help directors refresh, develop and improve their business management skills” – see http://www.director.co.uk/indexes/book_reviews.html
- Forbes’ top 25 Goodreads reviewers focuses on business books – see http://www.forbes.com/sites/markfidelman/2012/10/16/goodreads-ceo-these-top-25-book-reviewers-represent-the-future-infographic
- http://www.getabstract.com/en says they are the ‘world’s largest resource of business book summaries’
- The London School of Economics Review of Books publishes two reviews daily, “covering Architecture and Urban Studies, Economics and Business Studies, Education, Gender Studies, Geography, Environment and Climate Change Studies, Health and Wellbeing, International Development, Law and Human Rights, Media, Film and Cultural Studies, Philosophy and Religion, Politics and International Relations, and Sociology and Anthropology across all regions of the world. Whether you’re interested in Benjamin Disraeli’s influence on David Cameron’s policies, the legacy of anthropological study on today’s research, or the future feminist scholarship, you’ll find our most recent reviews on this page”.
- http://www.summary.com/book-reviews reviews “nearly one hundred business books each year on a wide variety of business topics, including leadership, management, strategy, marketing, sales, entrepreneurship, and more”.
- http://businesscommunication.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/02ABC05.pdf is an interesting paper.
- http://www.armchairinterviews.com/categories/selfhelp has “passionate book reviews and author interviews”
- https://www.createspace.com/en/community/thread/9903 is Createspace’s discussion area for reviews of self-help books
- http://www.facebook.com/pages/500-Self-Help-Book-Reviews-by-Chris-Garrah/350486395032395 is only accessible if you’re a member of Facebook.
- http://www.moderation.org/reviews.shtml lists and welcomes reviews. I couldn’t see a mention of how to request a review but it would be worth emailing them (email@example.com).
- http://psychcentral.com/lib/book-reviews covers a variety of health-related topics.
- If you want your book reviewed on http://readersfavorite.com/category/180 click on ‘Book Reviews’ top / left of the screen.
- http://selfhelpbooksummaries.blogspot.co.uk comes up in a Google search and is a more general self-help blog but worth contacting to see if they’ll review your book.
- http://www.yourselfhelpreviews.com lists reviews of “self-help products, programs and services”.
- http://catwisdom101.com is “always looking for the best in cat-related fiction or non-fiction to review”.
- Cindy Vallar “reviews maritime piracy and Age of Sail fiction and non-fiction for children and adults”.
Do you know of any non-fiction reviewers? If so, please email me.
- click here for general / multi-genre reviewers, or
- click here for reviewers of children’s books
- click here for crime reviewers
- click here for fantasy, horror, sci-fi genres reviewers
- click here for flash fiction reviewers
- click here for historical reviewers
- click here for reviewers of poetry
- …pages for reviewers of other genres to follow