Most of the posts on this blog are guest-related but this is my little corner where I say what I’ve been up to and this week I’ve had a very busy few days…
What I’ve been up to this week:
- I had the seventh session of ‘Ideas & Inspiration’ (the eighth will be kicking off when this post goes live) and eighth session of ‘Creative Writing for Beginners’ for my local council. I shall be running these online, I hope from late March but I still have a lot of planning and structuring to do – see Northampton writing courses and online courses for details.
- Then from Thursday to Sunday, I was at ‘Crime and Publishment’ for the second year running. It’s a structured but informal gathering of those of us with dark enough minds to quite happily kill others on paper. On the Sunday morning, I pitched to a publisher who wants to see my manuscript (woo hoo!) so I’ll let you know how I get on.
- I’m attending Verulam Writing Circle’s ‘Get Writing’ conference (as I do every year) at the end of the month and have submitted three short stories (all under the 2,000-word max) into their attendee-only competition. The deadline was originally last Friday so I would have missed it but they had website trouble so extended it to midnight tonight. Just my luck! So again, I’ll report back here (and on Facebook and Twitter).
What this blog’s been up to:
Apart from the weekday writing exercises (posted here 6pm UK time), this past week’s posts were…
- Tuesday: Guest post: The Detective Story by Jim Webster
- Wednesday: Book review 032: Morgen Bailey reviews The Book on Killing Zombies by G Wright MD
- Thursday: Guest post: The Three Rs of Book Series Characters: Recycle, Reuse, Resurrect by Jerry Last
- Friday: Flash Fiction Friday 127: Bad Timing by Morgen Bailey
- Saturday: Author Spotlight no.358 – writer, artist and photographer Andrew Reid Wildman
- Earlier today: Post-weekend Poetry no.113: Before the Sacrifice by Phillip A Ellis
What’s caught my eye online:
A quiet week because I’ve not really been looking online but I did spot this today…
- 500th interviewee Ann Cleeves’ Shetland returns to BBC1 tomorrow night: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01tgtts
If you’d like to take part in this blog, see http://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/submission-information/opportunities-on-this-blog and / or if something’s caught your eye (writing-related) and you’d like it including in these Monday musings, then do email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you’ll get a mention (don’t forget to include your website address).