- My six online creative writing courses on Udemy are just £1 or $1-2 each this month! (see the courses page for coupon codes and links).
- Free monthly 100-word competition where you could win one or more of the aforementioned courses! Deadlines: last day of the month (midnight UK time). See 100-word comp for more details. Winners announced the second Friday of the following month.
- Free monthly 500-word challenge where you set me the task of writing the story. The winner has their story written (by me) and receives a free <5,000-word full edit of a piece (or pieces) of his / her choice – worth £30 (€40 / US$45 / CA$ & AS$60). Second-placed and third-placed won’t have their stories written but will win a free <2,000-word full edit on a piece (or pieces) of their choice – worth £12 (€16 / US$18 / CA$ & AS$24) per person. Deadlines: the 15th of each month. See 500-word challenge for details. Winners announced the first Friday of the following month.
- If you don’t fancy entering the 500-word challenge (why wouldn’t you?), you can still apply for a free 1,000-word full edit (new clients only) – see Editing & Critique for details and testimonials.
- I always welcome poetry (published Mondays), flash fiction (published first and third Fridays) and 6-word stories (published last Friday of the month).
- Other opportunities are the guest blogs and author spotlights, as well as the free and paid versions of the blog interviews. I could also appear on your blog and / or if you’d like your work to travel further afield, take a look at the submission info. area.
- As mentioned above, I also provide an inexpensive editing, proofreading and critique service.
- Any other queries, feel free to email me.
Forthcoming events on this blog…
- Monday 8th February: I shall be continuing the short form poetry series..
- Tuesday 9th February: ‘How to desire the superlative writing dissertation topic’, a guest post by Karen R Robinson.
- Wednesday 10th February: Perfect Cover, a short story by Mark McGinn.
- Friday 12th February: I shall announce the results of the January 100-word free monthly competition.
- Saturday 13th February: I shall review another of Paul Gitsham‘s books, details t.b.a.
- Monday 15th February: I shall be continuing the short form poetry series, and the deadline for the third 500-word Challenge.
- Wednesday 17th February: I shall review Guest of Honor, a crime mystery novelette by Mark S. R. Peterson.
- Monday 22nd February: I shall be concluding the short form poetry series.
- Wednesday 24th February: I shall review the Eight the Hard Way anthology.
- Monday 29th February: is the deadline for the February 100-word free monthly competition.
If you’d like to know about me and / or this blog, click the ‘read the rest of this entry’ link below to find out more about me and this blog, or scroll down for the latest blog post…