Recently I put up a shout-out (on, as I recall, Facebook and Twitter) for anyone who has a free eBook to let me know and I’ll blog about it.
Don emailed me to say that he will gladly give away free copies of his non-fiction memoir eBook 6692 Pisces the Sailfish to anyone willing to review it. I don’t review full books but do review short stories for my Short Story Saturdays blog slot and I really enjoy it so please do consider Don’s offer because we not only love knowing that our work is being read but also what you think of it. It’s how we learn where we’re going right (or wrong).
The details he’s given me are as follows:
- Sign up for a free Smashwords account. (They need your email address and your name only) – you will have to validate it by clicking on a link when they send an email to you to check that it is correct.
- Add my book (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/238421) to your shopping cart.
- Check out.
- Enter the coupon code:
- Utilise the -50 %Discount use coupon code PU72F in the space provided (below the Price)
- Access the Free reviewers copy use coupon code LN38D
- Click UPDATE – the price will change from $5.99 to reflect the discount
- Click Checkout
- Once done a page will open showing that “You Own this book”.
- Either click on the DOWNLOAD button at the top right of the page OR scroll down the page to the different formats available and click on the format you prefer.
- I recommend .pdf because you can print it as a booklet on any dot matrix printer or you can read it on your pc or most ebook readers, tablets and ereader devices.
- You can download more than one format if you wish and even come back to this page and download it again and again simply by logging in to the Smashwords site.
- Don’t forget to click on the “LIKE-IT” Facebook link on the Smashwords page – it may help to publicise the book and will also help to put a huge smile on my face.
Thank you so much, Don. That’s really generous.
You can read my interview with Don, here.
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything. You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my Books and I also have a blog creation service especially for, but not limited to, writers.
Unfortunately, as I post an interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t review books but I have a feature called ‘Short Story Saturdays’ where I review stories of up to 2,500 words. Alternatively if you have a short story or self-contained novel extract / short chapter (ideally up to 1000 words) that you’d like critiqued and don’t mind me reading it / talking about and critiquing it (I send you the transcription afterwards so you can use the comments or ignore them) 🙂 on my ‘Bailey’s Writing Tips’ podcast, then do email me. They are fortnightly episodes, usually released on Sundays, interweaving the recordings between the red pen sessions with the hints & tips episodes. I am now also looking for flash fiction (<1000 words) for Flash Fiction Fridays and poetry for Post-weekend Poetry.