Happy New Year to you. It is that time when we make a list (mentally or actually) of all the things we’re going to achieve this year.
Have you made any resolutions? Feel free to comment below. Mine include…
Writing-related (in no particular order)
- Get my five other novels finished and online (then do more self-promotion: guest blogs on other writers’ sites etc).
- Ditto the five collections of short stories / flash fiction (one a month if possible).
- Write a short story every day (that’ll be easier to achieve when 5pm Fiction returns 1st Feb)
- Write another novel before / during and / or after NaNoWriMo.
- Write or edit something when my computer tells me to (1pm daily) and leave the emails alone until at least 5pm.
- Keep my Inbox below 50 items wherever possible.
- Reply to my Forum‘s comments as they come in and add new content at least once a week.
- A weekly ‘what I’m up to’ blog post (Saturdays).
- Schedule ahead more (or at least some!) blog posts, especially the interviews.
Non-writing related (in no particular order)
- Get fit (doesn’t everyone?) inc. take the dog to the park every day.
- Sleep more (doesn’t everyone?).
- Read more (ditto).
- Drink more (flavoured) water and eat proper food / less snacks (ditto).
- Improve the love life (ditto).
- Keep my office / house tidier (ditto).
- Save some money (not sure how but hey, maybe that should be followed by sell more eBooks :)).
- Have more than one night (movie Wednesdays) away from the computer.
- Dig out art equipment from loft and draw at least one cartoon a week.
Well that’s my exercise for today. I look forward to hearing what you have planned. 🙂