Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and tenth in this series. This week’s is the fourth bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies! These stories will be podcasted in episode 35 (with three stories or sets of 6-word stories) on Sunday 29th December.
by William Bortz, afreshnewview.blogspot.com, writer, barista, dreamer.
- Photographs don’t age, but grow tired
- Your words stand tall as skyscrapers
- Explosion: studio audience’s own life drama!
- Confronted in court: Jon’s childhood nemesis.
by Laura Rittenhouse, www.laurarittenhouse.com, writer, gardener, traveler
- Sweat confirms his guilt. Oh, heatwave.
- Puppy love sought, men needn’t apply.
by Ken Magee, embraces magic, relatively literate*.
- Joined a woodwork class. Made friends.
- Magic? Me, a pig? Ha. Oink!
Coincidentally, Ken did a short piece on his blog about 6-word stories and included some guest pieces including one from ‘BJT’ whose story followed on from Ernest Hemingway’s ‘For sale: baby shoes, never worn.’… For sale: baby – already have several.
by Mark Morris; Mature and mostly professional.
- Older. But not wiser. Resigned. Aware.
- Remembrance. Fallen heroes. Tear-stained faces. Respectful.
by Kimberly Sperling Mom, Realtor, Writer, Friend
- Categorically true, moreover bizarre, and unceasing.
- Realization, as life was snuffed out.
by Karen Bate, https://www.facebook.com/TalesofLakeofTwoMountains, author of memories
- Six word stories are a challenge!
- The rubber chicken created many questions.
by Mark K, a writer?… trying hard
- Male masseur available, no extras, sorry!
- Fisherman’s rod working again, thanks Viagra.
and then two from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, https://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/me, With an E
- Stolen: my heart. Give it back.
- Car rattling. Not old. Squeaky earrings. (inspired by an old VW advert)
Thank you, everyone.
If you’d like to submit your 6-word or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here, or up to 2,000 words for critique on my Online Short Story Writing Group (links below).
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything. You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my Books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and I also have a blog creation / maintenance service especially for, but not limited to, writers. If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating and choose an optional free eBook.
For writers / readers willing to give feedback and / or writers wanting feedback, take a look at this blog’s Feedback page.
As I post a spotlight or interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t unfortunately review books but I have a list of those who do. If there’s anything you’d like to take part in, take a look at Opportunities on this blog.
I welcome items for critique directly (see Editing & Critique) or for posting on the online writing groups listed below:
Morgen’s Online Non-Fiction Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Novel Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Poetry Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Script Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Short Story Writing Group
We look forward to reading your comments.