Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and eighteenth in this series. This week’s is the fifth bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies! These stories will be podcasted in episode 37 (with three <500-word stories) on Sunday 22nd February.
by Elaine McKay likes writing on paper.
- Neglected kid. Grew upped and left.
- “Not our conman, Ma’am, mistaken identity.”
by Mark K, a writer?… trying hard
- Pop in at any time, Mary.
- I give blood: vampires take it.
by Awen Thornber. Creative dreamer. Cancer survivor.
- Wedding ring pawned. He left again.
- Awen, druid for inspiration. Writer’s block!
by Chelle Cordero, author, passion and suspense
- Icy roads, crunching metal, I’m gone.
- sensual touch, making love, sated slumber
by Mark Morris; enlightened and newly confident.
- Waking. Snuggling together. Late for work.
- Rejected, discouraged, persistent, resigned. Writers’ revelation!
by www.wordpress.com/cltaylorauthor Psychological suspense author, toddler wrangler
- At my own wake. No-one knows.
by Sarah Palmer has no website! Writer?
- Took Jane a casserole. She cried.
- Toby wants his story after all.
by Jackie Sayle. Mother of adult children.
- Doorbell! Christmas. Another parcel. Not mine.
by Claire Maycock. Nature, history, traditions.
- Birdsong in sunshine. Hope amidst winter.
- Seasons change, too often thoughts stick.
by Peter Tickler, author of fictional deaths
- Red-suited corpse. Roast venison. Presents galore.
- Bad review. Dead reviewer. Writer’s revenge.
by Julia – SF summer-of-67 hippy, retired, old.
- Mosquito bite – death on the Nile.
- Withered rose pruned. Bush beautiful again.
by Laura Rittenhouse, writer, gardener, beekeeper, traveler
- She left, he returned, bad timing.
- Surf’s up, wave crashes, shorts gritty.
by Veronica Bright. Writer. Not famous. Yet.
- Wanted. Calm flatmate. Must love snakes.
- Incarcerated princess seeks prince. Phone asylum.
by Karen Bate, Canadian author of memories
- A Happy Merry HannaSolstiFestivaChristmaKwaanzakah to all!
- New Year’s! New hope? Another day
And by Karen Bate’s husband!
- “Red-nosed reindeer? Maybe he’s drunk.”
and then two from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, https://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/me, With an E
- Radio on, newsflash, now feel sick.
- Collection became obsession, no money left.
Thank you, everyone.
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything. You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my Books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and I also have a blog creation / maintenance service especially for, but not limited to, writers. If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating and choose an optional free eBook.
For writers / readers willing to give feedback and / or writers wanting feedback, take a look at this blog’s Feedback page.
As I post a spotlight or interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t unfortunately review books but I have a list of those who do. If there’s anything you’d like to take part in, take a look at Opportunities on this blog.
I welcome items for critique directly (see Editing & Critique) or for posting on the online writing groups listed below:
Morgen’s Online Non-Fiction Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Novel Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Poetry Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Script Writing Group
Morgen’s Online Short Story Writing Group
We look forward to reading your comments.