Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and thirtieth piece in this series. This week’s is the ninth bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies! These stories will be podcasted in episode 40 (with three <500-word stories) on Sunday 17th May.
by William Bortz – writer, barista, dreamer
- My dreams match those of birds
- These hands cannot open unfamiliar doors
- On blackjack tables vows are sold
by Salvatore Buttaci lives life in flashes
- Give the old devil his due-due.
- My apple rotted. Call Dr. Smith!
- The short of it? I’m sleepy.
by Tony Tibbenham – Writing because I must
- Fizzy drink. Add icecream. Lush dessert.
- Take one. Another. Chocolate box empty.
- Love husband. Lust elsewhere. Pay lawyers.
by Mark K, a writer?… trying hard
- Cereal killer murders his own breakfast.
- Time goes faster now I’m old.
- She could model… for road kill!
by Steph Post, tattooed teacher, also writer
- Turned around. Made eye contact. Nevermind.
by Maria my dog is my muse
- Worried eyes. I care. Let’s talk.
- Clock ticks. Time passes. Why me?
- Just pet me. I love you.
by Roger Hurn South London’s Raymond Chandler
- It’s behind you! Run! Too late!
- Tick tock, tick tock, tick BANG!
- Time, the deadly slow motion assassin.
by Joan H. Young – terminal wanderlust victim
- Gone fishing- never returned. Not missed.
- Green shoots gasping through late snow.
- “Drink this,” she said. Coroner’s inquest.
by KS Tan – Imagination, the ultimate frontier
- Lost. And yet… this is home.
- Daddy, can you hear me cry?
and then three from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Unwanted goldfish. Eaten. Carrot stick.
- Confession forgiveness, practical joke gone wrong.
- Lonely in a crowd. Misses her.
Thank you, everyone.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (two per blog post, although you can send as many as you like) or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here, or up to 1,000 words for critique on my Online Short Story Writing Group (links below).
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
** NEW!! You can now subscribe to this blog on your Kindle / Kindle app via Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com **
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything. You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my Books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and I also have a blog creation / maintenance service especially for, but not limited to, writers. If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating and choose an optional free eBook.
For writers / readers willing to give feedback and / or writers wanting feedback, take a look at this blog’s Feedback page.
As I post a spotlight or interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t unfortunately review books but I have a list of those who do. If there’s anything you’d like to take part in, take a look at Opportunities on this blog.
I welcome items for critique directly (see Editing & Critique) or for posting on the online writing groups.