In the absence of any poetry for https://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/post-weekend-poetry, I’ve brought this evening post forward. Most of the posts on this blog are guest-related but this is my little corner where I say what I’ve been up to and this week I’ve had a very busy few days, and have a few coming up…
What I’ve been up to this week:
- I’ve been busy client editing / proofreading and blitzing my garden (with lots of help from my fab gardener: https://www.facebook.com/greenladygardenservices)
- I’ve not done any more to my Camp NaNoWriMo novel – a not-as-dark-as-my-crime-series crime story – so am still at 15,000. Not as bad as last year when I had to do 47,000 in the final eight days (and did it). I’m off to Chipping Norton Literary Festival next weekend (with Jane Wenham-Jones) so will hopefully get some writing done then.
What this blog’s been up to:
Apart from the weekday writing exercises (posted 6pm UK time), this past week’s posts were…
- Tuesday: Guest post: Write Right by Rita Plush
- Wednesday: Book review 039: Morgen Bailey reviews Alterations by Rita Plush
- Thursday: Guest post: Magic Realism: An Overview by Yvonne Hertzberger
- Friday: Flash Fiction Friday 132: Where There Is Hope There Is Hunger by Christopher Farley
- Saturday: Author Spotlight no.364 – Preston Lang
- Thrilling Thirteen #3: Ethan Jones emailed me last week to say that he has a new project coming out: a collaboration with other authors. The teaser picture on the right reads, ‘Shanae Jackson may not have been “Mother of the Year”, but she hardly deserved to be beaten to death on her kitchen floor. On April 29th 2014, find out why her bloody demise was necessary. http://thrillingthirteen.com Sounds like my kind of book! More details from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thrillingthirteen, Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThrillingXIII and Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/ThrillingXIII.
- If you’d like your news shared with my blog’s readers, feel free to email me (email@example.com).
- Which reminds me; we had a record day on the blog yesterday: 884 views. :)
What’s caught my eye online:
- Sue Townsend, author of Adrian Mole, died http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26982680
- Comedy writer / actress Jennifer Saunders talks about her autobiography ‘Bonkers': http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26985471
- Inside the imagination of a children’s illustrator http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26465761
- Meet the Author: Harlan Coben on Missing Youhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26981532
- Author Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-27073911
- Artists ‘have structurally different brains’ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26925271
- Not writing-related but it made me smile: Cumbria car vandal unmasked as dog http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27058362
- Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for fiction http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27032533
- The storyteller of Marrakech http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26988777
- Meet the Author: Harlan Coben on Missing You http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26981532
- The bookshop on a boat http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27065292
- The artist who makes pictures with a typewriter http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24760538
- New Yorker cartoons: Editor Bob Mankoff on what’s funny http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26893127
- Baileys Women’s Prize list dominated by debut writers http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26920912
- Grayling’s letter to laureate defends prison book ban http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26802481
- Red telephone box London’s ‘smallest’ library http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26734859
If you’d like to take part in this blog, see https://morgenbailey.wordpress.com/submission-information/opportunities-on-this-blog and / or if something’s caught your eye (writing-related) and you’d like it including in these Monday musings, then do email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you’ll get a mention (don’t forget to include your website address).
** NEW!! You can now subscribe to this blog on your Kindle / Kindle app via Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com **
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything. You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my Books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and I also have a blog creation / maintenance service especially for, but not limited to, writers. If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating and choose an optional free eBook.
For writers / readers willing to give feedback and / or writers wanting feedback, take a look at this blog’s Feedback page.
As I post a spotlight or interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t unfortunately review books but I have a list of those who do. If there’s anything you’d like to take part in, take a look at Opportunities on this blog.
I welcome items for critique directly (see Editing & Critique) or for posting on the online writing groups.