Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and thirty-fourth piece in this series. This week’s is the tenth bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies… including their names! These stories will be podcasted in episode 41 (with two <500-word stories and the eleventh batch of 6-worders) on Sunday 29th June.
by… William Bortz – writer, barista, dreamer.
- Soak into me like the rain.
- Burrowed deeply lies my favorite haunt.
- I see veins from airplane windows.
by… Tony Tibbenham – Writing because I must.
- Write story. Sell movie rights. Retire.
- Write story. Self publish. Earn enough.
- Love husband. Lust elsewhere. Pay lawyers.
by… Maria; my dog is my muse
- Rapid breaths. Slow down. Tell me.
- Sinking feeling. Overwhelmed. Am I alone?
- Walkies. Right now. Get my leash. …
by… Roger Hurn South London’s Raymond Chandler.
- Ghosts, like dreams, vanish at dawn.
- Church candle. Curious moth. Holy smoke.
by… Mark K, a writer?… trying hard
- Question: Do photocopiers make plagiarism worse?
- Bramble bushes make very persuasive whips.
- Highlighters don’t make me any brighter.
by… Sal Buttaci is an open book.
- Other than cancer I’m doing fine.
- “My last lie,” said the liar.
- Venice, land of bridges and sighs.
by… Sarah Palmer: written at supermarket checkouts
- I can still hear the screaming.
and then three from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Flexible woman; gymnast and contentedly married.
- Welcome back? Have you been away?
- It really was all a dream.
Thank you, everyone. They were great.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (two per blog post, although you can send as many as you like) or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here, or up to 1,000 words for critique on my Online Short Story Writing Group (links below).
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything. You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my Books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and I also have a blog creation / maintenance service especially for, but not limited to, writers. If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating and choose an optional free eBook.
For writers / readers willing to give feedback and / or writers wanting feedback, take a look at this blog’s Feedback page.
As I post a spotlight or interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t unfortunately review books but I have a list of those who do. If there’s anything you’d like to take part in, take a look at Opportunities on this blog.
I welcome items for critique directly (see Editing & Critique) or for posting on the online writing groups.