Today we’re stealing from the Beach Boys. Use their title to write an original story
Write A Story Titled “Good Vibrations”
- You can write a Beach Boys-related story about surfing and California if you want.
- Think about the ways you could use the words in the title — ways that have nothing to do with the original song.
- Write 10 different ideas for plays on the words ‘good’ and ‘vibrations’.
- Write a story about a person who was influenced by (or grew up listening to) the song.
- Set the story somewhere completely unexpected (like 10,000 years in the future, on an alien moon colony), or under the sea.
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything. You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my Books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and I also have a blog creation / maintenance service especially for, but not limited to, writers. If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating and choose an optional free eBook.
For writers / readers willing to give feedback and / or writers wanting feedback, take a look at this blog’s Feedback page.
As I post a spotlight or interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t unfortunately review books but I have a list of those who do. If there’s anything you’d like to take part in, take a look at Opportunities on this blog.
I welcome items for critique directly (see Editing & Critique) or for posting on the online writing groups.