Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and fifty-eighth piece in this series. This week’s is the twentieth bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies!
by Chong Teck SIM – aspiring Singaporean writer
- Wind. Umbrellas everywhere. Monsoon season.
- Accident. Injured ankle. Early retirement.
- A howl echoes through the night…
- Familiar silhouette. Anticipation. Then he appears…
- Unannounced, the rebellious son returned home…
- Red packets. Chinese Spring Festival.
- Sweet dumplings. Prayers. Oranges. Lantern Festival.
- Jesa ritual. Games. Tteokguk. Korean Seollal.
- Food. Airag. Mongolian Tsagaan Sar.
- Ancestor worship. Mua Lan. Vietnamese Tết.
by Sal Buttaci finds humor in life
- Gas is cheap? Tanks a lot.
- Wanted: a personal time machine seat.
- Love endures beyond flesh and bone.
- Chicken soup won’t heal cabin fever.
- Politicians lie. Vote Pinocchio for President.
- Superman from Krypton was never Krapton.
by Mark K – a writer? Trying hard.
- “Belgium is a country, Mr Farage!”
- Angela Merkel has many secret admirers.
- Leon Brittan’s taken his love elsewhere.
- The Middle East bonfire is smouldering.
- George Soros : a very efficient gambler.
- Greek comedian shot for praising IMF.
- Britain punches way above its weight!
- “Be honest? You’re joking. Parliament beckons.”
- “I’m not fighting anyone… You are!”
- Ten six worders? I need Paracetamol?
Samantha Wilcox, navigates life through writing
- Sun shone, children played, good day
- Dejected, chewed on thumb until sore
- Always ran away so will stay
- Avalanche, last breath in deep snow
- Got married, had child, later died
- Signature forged, house taken, life ruined
- Born blind, lived blind, died insightful
- Lived caged in ‘freedom’ so left
- Slot head onto shoulders, puzzle complete
- Loved without truth and it failed
and then some from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Mobile rings. Wrong number. Friendship made.
- Tired body expels final breath. Alone.
- Same name. Wrong house. Fleeing killer.
- Empty house. Dark night. Burglar prowls.
- Story itching my brain. Shakes head.
- Same picture. Different interpretations. Modern art.
- Screams. Jobs list is overwhelming.
- Forgotten loss. Wakes every morning exhausted.
- A fan of animated movies smiles.
- Scratches head. Lice? No. Writer’s block.
Thank you, everyone.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (up to ten per blog post, although you can send as many as you like and I’ll either pick the best ones or if I like most / all of them, schedule ahead) and / or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here.
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating. Thank you.
For anyone looking for an editor, do take a look at Editing and Critique.
If you would like to send me a book review of another author’s books or like your book reviewed (short stories, contemporary crime / women’s novels or writing guides), see book-reviews for the guidelines. Other options listed on opportunities-on-this-blog. And I post writing exercises every weekday on four online writing groups.