Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and sixty-ninth piece in this series. This week’s is the twenty-sixth bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies!
by Chong Teck SIM – aspiring Singaporean writer
- Writer’s block: no stories for Morgen.
- One look – you’ve stolen my heart.
- Charred living room. Melted doorknob. Arson?
- I yearn for his gentle touch.
- My failing: regret still remembers me.
- Crowded subway, restaurants. Singapore at night.
- Snakes! Frightened, I wet my pants.
- Unscrupulous millionaire. No companionship. Quiet nights.
- Difficult childbirth. Healthy newborn. Unspoken joy.
- Failed relationship. Upset lover. Eating spree.
by Dick C. Waters self-published author (whose 6-worders are inspired by the chapter headings of his novel ‘Complete my Heart’, published under the pen name of Dixie Waters).
- Never grounds to hit a woman
- Words of love are very powerful
- Sisterly love is tighter than rope
- Touching a man’s heart lasts forever
- Bad things fill good thing’s void
- Risk increases when you take advantage
- You missed opportunity when someone intervenes
- Judgment depends on the appropriate yardstick
- Take the fork in the road
- One cancer treatment is removing it
by Mark K – a writer? Trying hard
- One bullet, one trigger… one less.
- “Acquaint the enemy with your bayonets!”
- Through dusty clouds the bombs came.
- Vietnam: Dirty War? What war’s clean?
- Past= WAR! Present= WAR! Future= WAR!
- “Scared?” “No, Sir!” “Kill him then!”
(you can always rely on Mark to cheer us up!)
by Linda Stewart – environment reporter in Belfast
- The hospital had gone. Actually vanished.
- Inside, blood. Outside, the crow turned.
- One voice lifted: the crowd surged.
- The leaves fell. The last leaves.
by Samantha Wilcox – navigates life through writing
- Robbed; TV gone, no Bake Off!
- Got fit, ran marathon, felt good.
- Mother’s exchange: screaming child for cat.
- Undeniable love brings secrets to fore.
- Brain loose, need new parts, unhinged.
- Shiny hair, friendly smile, new girlfriend.
and then three from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Launched new free monthly 100-word competition!
- So much on, so little time.
- No longer sweating the big stuff.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (up to ten per blog post, although you can send as many as you like and I’ll either pick the best ones or if I like most / all of them, schedule ahead) and / or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here.
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
*** Breaking news! My online creative writing courses are just $1 or £1/$2 until 30th Sept!! ***
You can subscribe to this blog on your Kindle / Kindle app via Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com. Alternatively, you can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything (see right-hand vertical menu).
You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating. Thank you.
If you would like to send me a book review of another author’s books or like your book reviewed (short stories, contemporary crime / women’s novels or writing guides), see book-reviews for the guidelines. Other options listed on opportunities-on-this-blog. And I post writing exercises every weekday on four online writing groups.