Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and seventy-seventh piece in this series. This week’s is the thirty-fourth bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies!
by Chong Teck SIM – aspiring Singaporean writer
- Sexy models. Salivating man. Enraged girlfriend.
- Cute puppies. Aggressive mother. Backtracking slowly…
- Inquisitive shark. Frightened swimmer: trembling violently.
- Before heart surgery, she kisses him.
- Before departing, he caresses her face.
- Lunch: overnight noodles. Evening: upset stomach.
- Acne breakout. Frantic squeezing. Ruined date.
- Violin lessons: 10 years. Improvement: no.
- Visa denied. Studies affected. Uncertain future.
- Fashion student. Graduation show. Standing ovation.
by Mithilde – Mithilde Maria, beautiful flowers by spring
- Unexpected earth tremors – confusion! Seek refuge.
- Unplanned relationships bring misery and sorrow.
- Limitless destructive political sell-out techniques. Disgraceful!
- Plugging away for success – currently unsuccessful.
by Debbie Hurford, teacher; likes to write
- Burnt confetti, dismantled marquee, all over.
- Unrecognised, he headed the security queue.
- Child lost whilst visiting maze designer.
by Camilla Garuai – cool writer from tropics
- Knock on door. Daddy has returned.
- Baby loves puppy. Baby’s first friend.
- Burnt dinner, tonight. Love you, still.
- Mama hears laughing children. Oh, no!
by Ivy Rose, dreams slain by reality
- The calories in a US stamp?
- What if, what was, what is.
- How often can I mess up?
- Am I free without my dreams?
- Or do my dreams freedom make?
- I find love crouched under oceans.
- I should be crying, no puedo.
- What if I never loved him?
- What if I loved him enough?
and then some from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Britain votes exit… interesting times ahead.
- Dog sleeping on sofa blissfully unaware.
- OK, we’re going, work to do.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (up to ten per blog post, although you can send as many as you like and I’ll either pick the best ones or if I like most / all of them, schedule ahead) and / or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here.
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
*** Breaking news! Six of my online creative writing courses
are currently half price and another is FREE! ***
You can subscribe to this blog on your Kindle / Kindle app via Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com. Alternatively, you can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything (see right-hand vertical menu).
You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating. Thank you.
If you would like to send me a book review of another author’s books or like your book reviewed (short stories, contemporary crime / women’s novels or writing guides), see book-reviews for the guidelines. Other options listed on opportunities-on-this-blog. And I post writing exercises every weekday on four online writing groups.