This does what it says on the tin. Which is your favourite? Mine’s no.4 and yes, a list wouldn’t be complete without no.15.
Posted by Melissa Donovan on January 26, 2017 on Writing Forward.com
This list includes a mix of writing tips and some of the tips Melissa thinks are essential. However, I believe that these are mostly for the beginner writer and can be used as a reminder for the more experienced writer.
- Read as much as you can (and make sure you read quality writing) and write every day — practice makes perfect.
- Acquire some resources: dictionary, thesaurus, style guide, grammar handbook, and books on writing.
- Join or start a writers’ group and get feedback on your
- Lower your expectations and allow yourself to write badly. It’s better to write crap than to write nothing at all.
- Feeling uninspired? Writer’s block is no excuse; find some writing prompts and exercises. Use them.
- Do you want to write a novel? Launch a blog? Submit your poetry? Set goals and then get…
View original post 173 more words