Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and eighty-eighth piece in this series. This week’s is the forty-second bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies!
by Chong Teck SIM, Singapore, Bookworm, Volunteer
(and his single story with five six-worders)…
- Life: inseparable couple exuding sweet nectar.
- Death: minutes apart into Heaven’s embrace.
- Paradise: carefree living, together into eternity.
- Affenpinschers: my companions for a decade.
- Memory: yesteryears etch into my heart.
by Mark K – writer? Trying very hard…
with some 6 word worries whilst wandering home.
- Night arrives quickly, blankets the park.
- Dark shadows slide between the trees
- Feather-like, a cold mist drifts down
- Underfoot the crisp grass crunches
- Drizzle soaks through me, I shudder.
- My cloudy breath warms my face
- Deep in pockets my hands sting
- A little drunk I stumble on.
- I’m lost, took a wrong turning
- Now I’m alone, there’s only me.
by Jeanette O’Donnal, happiness guru, cryptic writer
- Country club queen: lovely, luscious, lonely.
- Favorite dessert kills child: parents guilty
- Boomerang returns with answers: mystery solved
- Courageous cat retrieves drowning field mouse
- Pastor captured: bullied child reveals abuse
- Lightning strikes tree: slumbering farmer killed
- Anaconda found in cave: treasures discovered
- Clandestine efforts prove effective: child found
by Steve Lodge – he pens and inks…
- A nursing home for retired astronauts.
- Treat me like your hound dog.
- Don’t try confusing me with facts.
- Hi, I’m Paul Savagely, yawning ferociously.
- I’m dancing darkly with silent stealth.
- Restful peace is an empty bladder.
- You hear so many crazy things.
- She had skin like a dolphin.
- Waters whispering, new horizons in sound.
- A dismal monologue, spoken in code.
by Trista, Canadian-born explorer and cat tamer.
- Man’s best friend, can keep secrets.
- Dad’s garden, harvested from his ashes.
- Ouija boards toy with the dead.
- My element: two hydrogen, one oxygen.
by Willard Sheen – insouciant but never louche
- Procrastinator! Me? Now wait a minute…
and then three from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- A daily detox… for my hair.
- Blind man, naked woman, old joke.
- Sweeping away trouble… the murderer’s cleaner.
Thank you, everyone.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (up to ten per blog post, although you can send as many as you like and I’ll either pick the best ones or if I like most / all of them, schedule ahead) and / or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here.
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.