Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and ninetieth piece in this series. This week’s is the forty-third bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies!
by Alyssa Drake, helping readers lose themselves
- Forever yours; carved into forgotten trees.
- Squealing, joyful peals of bubble-filled delight.
by Chong Teck SIM, Singapore, Bookworm, Volunteer
A single story with eight six-worders…
- Badminton fanatic; musician wannabe: my brother.
- His 21st birthday: a surprise waited.
- Nervously, he introduced his beloved Lee.
- Loud gasps resonated throughout the room.
- Unperturbed, I congratulated the brave couple.
- Breaking barrier, more wishes came forward.
- Their eyes began to tear up.
- A new love story was born.
by Jeanette O’Donnal, happiness guru, cryptic writer
- United States President Trump impeached today.
- New York weatherman flies west. Killed.
- Kansas serial killer captured near victim.
- Calculated guess proves accurate for mathematician.
- Dead mermaid found beached in Florida.
- Childless woman flees with sister’s baby.
- Underground military base explodes in Huachuca.
- Famous scientist incarcerated for criminal activity.
- Ancient frozen woman thawed and lives!
- Motherless child stabs sister, kills father.
by Laura Winkeslpecht, writer, poet, thinker, interested
- Daughter texting; now she bikes everywhere.
- Math test: gunshots equal classmates screaming.
- Ultrasound appointment. Then trip to realtor.
- High school dropout develops dishpan hands.
by Mark K – writer? Trying very hard…
with some Liverpool fax ‘facts’ (written and shared in jest, we really love the city and its people!)
- Liverpool’s most popular boy’s name = Nick!
- English translators needed in the Wirral
- The Beatles scarpered! So did Cilla!
- Sheffield = Steel industry: Liverpool = Steal industry
- Liverpool’s building boom = much bigger jails.
- Even fleas don’t stay in Liverpool
by Mayoli Mier – galaxy walking time traveler.
- Caution: emotions fragile. Handle with care.
- Love decided. Hearts collided. Wrong person.
- Yearn for her. Think of me.
- I can’t forget your soft lips.
- Eyes closed, I jump. You cry.
- Constantly complying can cause quicksand feet.
- Do you remember me? No. (Yes..)
by Steve Lodge – genetically addicted to words…
- Write me a sick note, Dad.
- Tigers hide for a sinister reason.
- Have you met Santa this year?
- I’m slightly tired of old omelettes.
- Search the Cave Of Golden Light.
- I’m sure nothing costs that much.
- Have you ever ridden a rhino?
- That’s not even a real word.
- What made you learn the ukelele?
- Horrible dream I had last night.
by Terry Tripp – writer, artist, and teacher.
- We’re all going to die. Tomorrow.
- We made out. Now it’s over.
- My childhood sandbox has cat poop.
- Ghosts push me on the swing.
- Thirty devoted years working. Now unemployable.
- Still waiting for the one.
- “I quit.” “I won’t.” “Kiss me.”
- Not mine. I want it anyways.
- We used to stay up late.
- Santa, Easter Bunny, you… all real.
and then three from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Penny Eleanor Lane. Avid Beatles fan.
- Cat purring until he’s had enough.
- Disliked LGBT until he finally realised…
Thank you, everyone.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (up to ten per blog post, although you can send as many as you like and I’ll either pick the best ones or if I like most / all of them, schedule ahead) and / or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here.
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.