Hello. Here are your prompts for today. I’m delighted to say that, going forward, the random prompts will include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- The dog that got us out of a pickle
- The youth of today
- Teen moves the nation with his sweet song about sick nan
- Is Howe the boss to buck trend?
- Get the gist of why crown courts will be allowing cameras in. A. Crown courts in England and Wales are set to allow TV cameras to film legal proceedings for the first time. B. The Ministry of Justice’s pilot scheme will be tested at eight courts across the country, including London’s Old Bailey and Southwark Crown Court, which have hosted some of the nation’s most high-profile trials.
- Three flights to reach village. It has been voted the most beautiful village in Norway. But picturesque Reine is so remote it takes three flights to get there and the stunning views of snowcapped mountains and crystal clear fjords are rarely enjoyed by anybody other than the village’s 310 residents.
- scintillate: A. To emit sparks: spark. B. To emit quick flashes as if throwing off sparks: sparkle. C. to throw off as a spark or as sparkling flashes. The critics praised David’s performance in the play, declaring that he took a rather mundane script and make it scintillate with wit and excitement.
- Friday 31 January 2014.
- Ton-up Rene’s biker dreams come true. (Picture of an elderly woman riding pillion on a motorbike with a man about half her age.) A woman of 100 fulfils a childhood dream when she went for a spin on a motorbike. Now Rene Underwood, of Winchester, says she would like to do it again.