Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent (who pretties these sheets before they go live) will be posting Word Count Wednesdays so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These posts will still include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- picture of a cottage with 10: Night Shelter – What is it really like?
- People will go to Mars in the next 20 years, definitely. And I could see them living there for longish periods.
- A rough sketch of a conical shell.
- Move – express workout
- I will leave nothing to chance and plan on dismantling Miller in style to make my mark
- Hit refresh
- United States: ‘How I killed a mountain lion’.
- 2 free gifts
- Finding a snack that tastes delicious but is actually healthy too can feel like a job in itself.
- Science: DNA testing for dogs grows in popularity
- November 10, Carmen McRae
- Brazil: Dia dos namorados (lovers day) falls on 12 June.
- 350 years of a Dutch master (picture of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam) and Rembrandt paintings
- Rice turns back