Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent (who pretties these sheets before they go live) will be posting Word Count Wednesdays so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These posts will still include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- You don’t have to be down and out to get help from AA
- The Crosse Keys: 9 Gracechurch Street, London EC3V 0DR
- silhouette of black tote bag with white ‘contents’
- Travel: Eurostar delayed over wartime shell
- Mahame Rashid, 32, of Vernon Walk, taking a car without the owner’s consent. Ordered to out 250 hours of unpaid work
- cartoon of dollar notes walking with fingers crossed
- one wrong step, he realises, and they’d all be dead
- Tatiana Arocha
- hungry for a food fight
- Paws for thought: dogs recognise facial expressions
- Breakfast served until 12 noon
- Have yourself a thrifty little Christmas