Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent (who pretties these sheets before they go live) will be posting Word Count Wednesdays so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These posts will still include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- a collage picture of vintage, tea room, 100+ traders over 5000 sq ft and three 1950s women
- July 17, Jean Borota with him holding a tennis racket
- For Hamish
- Merry Christmas, Emma! Love from Claire xx
- Snow Factor, Paisley
- 100% Design
- White hare or rabbit: not universally acknowledged as lucky because of their association with witches, these little creatures will bring you luck if you ask nicely.
- Losing someone like Mako means all the other players are going to have to find another three or four per cent.
- She/He sniffed for the tenth time…
- a hit in our neck of the woods