Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent (who pretties these sheets before they go live) will be posting Word Count Wednesdays so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These posts will still include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- Eat yourself happy
- the tail began to wag slowly…
- sleeping lions
- smarter living
- tote bag with ‘the end is nigh’ white on black
- Yugoslavia: the border town of Vukovar is left devastated by civil war (with picture)
- cartoon of Noise Abatement Society with a man introducing another in front of an audience: “And now, please, don’t put your hands together for our guest speaker.”
- Tide – the arms of the ocean are powerful: if they embrace you, happiness is sure.
- cartoon of utensils including a can opener and knife.
- Christopher Brown, 24, of Northwood Road, driving not in accordance with licence.
- What goes up may prove difficult to come down