Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent (who pretties these sheets before they go live) will be posting Word Count Wednesdays so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These posts will still include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- The guest house
- They were complete opposites…
- Gemini – a choice you have to make will have big consequences but you will have a good idea about what you intend to do.
- Cinnamon sticks – these beautiful objects are very lucky and will spread joy.
- I was keen for the doctor to be spiky
- Jan 13, Johan Holst – with picture / bio of Norway’s foreign minister (of 10 months)
- Anniversaries: Friday 16 February 1894
- It’s frustrating if they come to class and they’re on their phones, shopping online or tweeting
- cartoon of a variety of objects, people and ships
- A VIP London spa break
- Peter McCaffery, 27, of Hester Street, kept a vehicle that was not licensed; fined £400
- History – mystery behind the Google of 1865 left on a charity shop’s doorstep