Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent (who pretties these sheets before they go live) will be posting Word Count Wednesdays so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These posts will still include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- Postscript: the honeymoon’s back on, a year after the groom had to make a donation
- slow and incoherent
- man with ‘stop Brexit’ hat and placard ‘To be poorer – #peoplesvote’
- cartoon of two men chatting: “police have finally recovered my stolen sofa – very kind of them. It was looking quite tatty.”
- picture of a woman sitting on a huge mug
- travel: cabin crew, prepare for romance…
- The challenge for us is to get closer to where England are right now. There is a gap between us.
- It’s not as bad as going to war, but it’s not far off.
- Pictures from 1960
- some famous names among
- I once spotted Charlotte Church at a part and demanded a mutual friend introduce us. Kitty 25, Chef, Edinburgh