Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent will be posting my Word Count Wednesdays posts so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These random sheet posts include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- Arctic role: why audiences love a chilling tale
- Britain and the US: A not so special relationship
- Flood warning for the future
- I don’t consider it a comedy… I think it’s got more of a David Lynch feel about it
- Irish ancestry may have roots in Asia
- Officials create a ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide’ to the galaxy
- It’s a laugh going gluten-free
- Is this the year we find a cure for dementia?
- Kalashnikov-toting teens on mopeds are the latest Mafia tool in Naples
- Bionic engineers
- Escape from the pigeon hole
- Nuclear tests led to a ‘new human epoch’