Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent will be posting my Word Count Wednesdays posts so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These random sheet posts include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- Why everyone loves the plucky underdog
- Defence: RAF Sea King helicopters fly their last mission
- A company paints a shady story of success
- Hop. Stop.
- A picture of a woman in a kimono in front of a painting, with the text: the artist said, the days of straight, white, middle-class men running the country ‘may be numbered’
- Moeen award shines spotlight on healthy state of British Asian cricket
- Alchemy is reaping reward
- How to get back on track
- It’s asking a lot of supporters to support every game, but normally here the stadiums are always full