Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent will be posting my Word Count Wednesdays posts so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These random sheet posts include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- You call this justice?
- France: Confession to sex attacks sets twin brother free
- A picture of a maple leaf in what looks like a round coin
- The hospital has begun an investigation and vowed to ‘rectify’ the situation. The Salvadoran Attorney General has ordered a criminal investigation
- Get ready for happy
- Quote of the day: ‘From my rotten body, flowers shall grow and I am in them, and that is eternity’ Edvard Munch
- Archaeology: Onwards and upwards: evidence uncovered of early mountaineers
- In some ways, our second wedding will be an even bigger day than last time
- Fighting feminists
- As she gets older I don’t want her to keep falling over and making a complete fool of herself
- Most realise that they can’t stage a coup
- Challenge to his foes
- Israel: Commuters stabbed
- On love and literature
- I haven’t cut all the hair off yet. This is my hippy version of a pharaoh