Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent will be posting my Word Count Wednesdays posts so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These random sheet posts include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- Crime: Scams that make you wish you were dealing with the taxman
- When ‘Sherlock’ showed nudity many parents were furious
- Russia helps Assad but it’s not the Cold War yet
- ‘A lot of our songs are quite escapist and weird’
- ‘As an Aberdonian, I’m scared to think of the city crumbling’
- Appropriate appropriation, or how to steal style and get away with it
- This service should be part of what we call in broadcasting the ‘public service remit’
- I think I always had this need to perform, and looking back I did like to make people laugh
- Blitz city left out
- Sex has given rise to every kind of comedy from the fnar-fnar of Carry Ons to the wordplay of Wilde
- Titter as much as you like at this saucy romcom
- Wicket witches of successful managers?
- A TASTEFUL AFFAIR
- Revealed: how aliens took root around the world