Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent will be posting my Word Count Wednesdays posts so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These random sheet posts include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have the text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- Lives on the line – on track to stop railway suicides
- Show of force
- A picture of a potato head doll, with open eyes and grinning
- Quote of the day: ‘Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old’ – FRANZ KAFKA
- Wilson Sporting Goods – A Wilson volleyball gained cult status after becoming Tom Hanks’s companion in Castaway (right) – with a film shot of Tom Hanks on the island in Castaway
- Speeding up the search to save children’s lives
- Newsreaders should wear one for this year and one for next
- Health-related wearables tend to promise peace of mind but provide the exact opposite
- Being told to shut up five times a day was a character-forming part of childhood
- A hazy slice of Hollywood noir
- Tuesday style