Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent will be posting my Word Count Wednesdays posts so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These random sheet posts include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have the text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- Small act of kindness prairie voles ‘show empathy’ when friends suffer
- This is a critical year for the corporation with tough decisions
- Quote of the day: Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right, but it is always the reasonable versus the jerks – JIMMY WALES
- Photo of a couple in wedding outfit, walking past tents on a square, with am umbrella above their head. Text: Al album to remember – A soon-to-be married couple get ready to pose yesterday, among protesters celebrating the one-year anniversary of the start of pro-democracy rallies calling in Hong Kong
- Trains leave football fans facing lots of extra time
- Syrians challenge legal claim to holy books taken from Damascus. By Daniel Estrin
- Take heed
- HUMAN RIGHTS: Atheists ‘are victims of hate campaigns’
- I’m not sure what Mum thought of the ‘Millennium Falcon’ I’ve stuck to the dashboard
- Airfares rise and fall with supply and demand