Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent will be posting my Word Count Wednesdays posts so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These random sheet posts include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- Consumer: Revealed… the supermarket tricks that make shoppers spend
- Reputation matters, even to the biggest firms
- We think the best person to pick the offers for you is you
- It is possible Martin’s £175,000 payday was the lowest ever received
- Woman who failed with prize claim won’t play lottery again
- The private collections:
Francois Pinault, French business tycoon: 638m – 2,000 pieces
Nasser Khalili, British-Iranian property developer: 594m – 25,000 pieces
Doris F. Fisher, US business woman: 511m – 1,000 pieces
- Charisma isn’t only a human trait
- Storms with names
- Catwalk shows don’t feel as if they are about the clothes now but branding
- Too much drink wounds and kills. It despoils our universities
- Spring to it!
- Bright idea
- Photo of a dolphin with the text: Fungie, a male bottlenose dolphin, has lived alone in the harbour mouth at Dingle, County Kerry, since 1983