Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent will be posting my Word Count Wednesdays posts so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These random sheet posts include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- No pain great gain
- A La Perla robe retails at £1.254. I’d want to wear it past the front door
- Who’s buying what? Just 8% of the artworks auctioned worldwide in 2013 accounted for 82% of the money made from all art auctions. Top 5 countries as part of global art market:
- Nature: our eight-legged friends should be welcome guests
- The curator says contemporary artists have moved away from studio practices
- She can’t run a business – but Camila’s a top politician
- The Arms Race
- Photo of a coin with a star and the text, ‘You’re a star’ on it
- Quote of the day: A mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work if it is not open. Frank Zappa
- A photo of cows in a meadow
- The consultant told my wife she should prepare for the worst
- Ranieri ‘very angry’ at red card that turned game
- Jemima. Cute button detailing