** Breaking News!! Most of my books are also now available as paperbacks!! **
The following are now available on Amazon (US or click here for the UK store), with some available via Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, iTunes Bookstore (US or click here for the UK store) and Kobo. They’re also mentioned on ereaderiq. More details of each book can be found within the drop-down ‘Books – mine’ menu buttons.
- I wrote the crime lad lit novella (48,000 words) Hitman Sam in 2008 and over the years, edited it, left it to marinate, re-edited it, put it back and finally this year (2016), I edited it again and sent it to my beta readers who were kind enough to give me their feedback which led to more alterations and finally, on November 2nd, it was published!
- Tagline: Newly-redundant Sam is looking for a new adventure – a cryptic advert gives him that and more.
- Blurb: Newly-redundant software designer Sam Simpson is looking for a new adventure – a cryptic advert in his local paper gives him that, and more. With two women vying for his affection, going behind their backs isn’t the smartest things he’s ever done.
- It is available for 99c / 99p (or the equivalent in your country) via http://mybook.to/HitmanSam (links to Amazon in your country) or directly via Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com etc.
- The second book I wrote, back in 2009, was After Jessica, a crime mystery novella published in October 2016. It is available via Amazon (see links below) at 99c, 99p or the equivalent in your country.
- Tagline: Wind up his late sister’s affairs, Simon gets more than he bargains for.
- Blurb: Jessica is an ordinary girl who comes across extraordinary circumstances and pays for them with her life. As well as identifying her body, her brother Simon then has to wind up her affairs but gets more than he bargains for. Who is Alexis, and why are Veronica and Daniel searching for her? Why is there a roll of cash in Jessica’s house, and what’s the connection between Simon’s sister and Alexis?
- You can download this novella via http://mybook.to/AfterJessica (which links to the Amazon page in your country) or directly from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com etc.
- Although I wrote The Serial Dater’s Shopping List in 2009, it was the first one to be published, partially because it is the only chick lit I have written to-date but also because a shade over 101,000 words long where as Hitman Sam and After Jessica are just under 50,000 so a more commercial length.
- You can watch the YouTube trailer here or below. Given a new challenge, technology journalist Isobel realises that her ‘wants’ list and reality aren’t always on the same page.
- Tagline: 31 men in 31 days what could possibly go wrong?
- Short blurb: Given the challenge of dating 31 men in 31 days by boss William, technology journalist Isobel soon realises that her list of ‘wants’ and the reality of the men she meets are eons apart. Will she meet the man of her dreams or does the mix of the weird and wonderful instil in her that she’s destined to be single?
- Long blurb: Isobel MacFarlane is a recently-turned-40 journalist who usually writes a technology column for a newspaper based in Northampton, England, but her somewhat-intimidating boss, William, has set her the task of meeting 31 men, via a local internet dating site, all within a month. Having an active, though fruitless, social life with her friend and ‘Health & Beauty’ colleague Donna, she knows what she wants in a man, so creates a shopping list of dos and don’ts, and starts ticking them off as she meets Mr Could Be Right Except For, Mr Not Bad, Mr Oh My Goodness and Mr Oh So Very Wrong. Follow the ups (there are a few) and downs (there are many) of the dating process and intertwined with her experiences, get to know her colleague and family, including her niece Lola who, apart from being an amazing storyteller, can eat ambidextrously whilst wearing a Princess glove puppet on her right hand, and Baby, William’s non-too-healthy African Grey parrot.
- It is currently only available second-hand (via Amazon) because it’s been picked up by Bombshell Books, an imprint of Bloodhound Books! It’ll be published on Thursday 12th July 2018, available online and from all good bookshops (so do support your local bookshop and ask for your copy). 🙂
- Late in 2015, I spearheaded a collaborative novella written by some of my winter 2015 Intermediate class creative writing students. You can read more about this here, and / or download it for free on Smashwords. Then in summer 2016, we (some of the same students, some new) did it all over again and that is also available for free on Smashwords.
- I have written seven other novels (various shades of crime – not quite fifty, but I’m working on it) and am working on getting them edited (with help, of course) and either self-published or to agents in the next few months…
- Below is the trailer for The Serial Dater’s Shopping List…
- and a super new (September 2016) reading of part of chapter one…
- Story a Day May 2011 (the 31 stories written for Story A Day.org May 2011) – is available from Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Kobo, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com). Word count: 20,096.
- Story a Day May 2012 (the 31 stories written May 2012) is available from Smashwords, Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk (and other Amazon countries). Word count: 13,241.
- Story a Day May 2013 (the 31 stories written May 2013) is available from Smashwords, Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk (and other Amazon countries). Word count: 14,196.
- Fifty 5pm Fictions (Volume 1), featuring Tony Tibbenham, is available from Smashwords, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk (and the equivalent other Amazon countries). Word count: 15,994.
- Fifty 5pm Fictions (Volume 2) is available from Smashwords, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk (and the equivalent other Amazon countries). Word count: 16,015.
- Fifty 5pm Fictions (Volume 3) is available from Smashwords, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk (and the equivalent other Amazon countries). Word count: 13,492.
- Fifty 5pm Fictions (Volume 4) is available from Smashwords, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk (and the equivalent other Amazon countries). Word count: 13,523.
- Fifty 5pm Fictions (Volume 5) available from Smashwords, Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk (and other Amazon countries). Word count: 16,998.
- My latest book (May 2017) is an editing guide to anyone writing fiction, although it will help any kind of writer. The summary is: How to polish your novels and short stories – a comprehensive guide including a 170+ tips checklist. You can read more on https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722TNG6R, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0722TNG6R etc.
- 365-Day Writer’s Block Workbook (Vol 2) is based on a similar format to Volume 1 but contains three sets of five keywords per day – one set, two sets or for a real challenge, all three sets, to be included in your story or poem. Volume 2 is available from Smashwords, Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk (and other Amazon countries).
- Volumes 3-8 are currently being written and should be available by the end of 2014.
- I was also a contributor to Ditch the Publisher free eBook and 25 essential writing tips: guide to writing good fiction.
- April’s Fool (a competition-winning story about a long-suffering farmer’s wife from forthcoming anthology ‘Calendar Girls’) – available free from Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and Kobo.
- Feeding the Father (a competition-shortlisted monologue from forthcoming first person anthology ‘It’s All About Me’) – eShort available free from Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and Kobo.
- The Dark Side (from forthcoming second-person anthology ‘It’s All About You’) – eShort available free from Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and Kobo.
- The Threadbare Girl (from the anthology Story a Day May 2011) – eShort available free from Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, and Kobo). You can watch the YouTube trailer here or below. 🙂