Here’s more info…
Tagline: Henry, a nineteen-month-old Jack Russell, has been given the ability to talk and now they can’t shut him up! Family Guy’s Brian with just as much attitude but better sleuthing skills.
Blurb: Henry, a talking Jack Russell, is part of a small team researching a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. He is the target of several dognappers but can he use his wit or guile to outwit them and, with the help of laboratory assistant Gwynne Davies, find the proof needed to convict the criminals. Thus begins a series of adventures for the unlikely pair. This is Family Guy’s Brian meets Poirot meets My Fair Lady.
USP: There have been amateur sleuths, there have been talking animals – Henry is both.
Length: c. 72,000 words.
Location: Northamptonshire, England
Note: I’ve been told ‘Oh, Henry’ is young adult but the main human character is a woman in her early forties so a more general appeal, I feel. ‘For the young in all of us.’ 🙂
Keywords: dog detective, dog detective novel, comic crime novel, cozy animal mystery, cozy animal mysteries, dog detective series, animal novels, humour, humor, humourous stories, humor novels, humour novels, humorous novels, Oh Henry, O Henry, Henry Houdini, Harry Houdini, William Sydney Porter, Gwynne Davies, lab assistant, Multiple Sclerosis, cure for Multiple Sclerosis.
- You can read the reviews on Goodreads here* or your relevant Amazon page below.
- The first review on Goodreads was a whopping 5*!: What a wonderful read. Okay it is a mystery of sorts – who dognapped Henry – but it is a so much more. A great read for most ages (okay some swearing but mostly very low key) and with wonderful warm, captivating characters. From the ‘baddies’ who really aren’t too bright to Henry himself. A Jack Russell with impeccable manners, hyperthymesia and who by virtue of drugs administered at the lab where he is kept – can talk. (Click on the Goodreads link to read more)
- And on Amazon: “After reading this book I wanted to run out and buy a dog, any breed, any colour, as long as it was called Henry and it could talk. It’s not a child’s book, it’s an anybody’s book, funny, sad, emotional, a little bit of everything, but a complete breath of fresh air to a reader who normally reads psychological thrillers, crime and police procedurals. Yes, you get a tiny bit of all of that, but the dog takes centre stage. I truly hope this is a series – this Jack Russell can rule the world. A massive five stars from me.” 🙂
- UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- AUSTRALIA: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- BRAZIL: https://www.amazon.com.br/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- CANADA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- CHINA: https://www.amazon.cn/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- FRANCE: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- GERMANY: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- INDIA: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- ITALY: https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- JAPAN: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- MEXICO: https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- SPAIN: https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07R9PDB5T
- and so on…
Do let me know if you’d like more information.