*** Also click here for the anthologies my stories have appeared in ***
- The Fifty 5pm Fictions Collection: This collection comprises five volumes of fifty stories written from a variety of prompts and published on this blog – where you can still read the list of prompts – a story a day for nearly a year. In this book, there are stories of revenge, luck and misfortune, sharp edges, sticky red hands, no faded circle of skin, family heirlooms, Chelsea buns, and alien hums. We meet a generous aunt, men in uniform, a fan of Hawaiian shirts, untidy teenagers, characters looking to improve themselves, a young girl with wings, a modern-day Cleopatra, and a curious fortune teller. These stories all go to show what can be done with a prompt, a few hours, and a colourful imagination.
- The Story A Day May Collection (Story A Day May Collections): This collection was written from a variety of prompts supplied by storyaday.org and originally published on this blog – where you can still read the list of prompts), during May 2011, 2012, and 2013. In this book there are stories of revenge, overcoming obstacles, newfound and lost love, shopping, chocolate, legends of history, and the occasional alien or two. We have crimes afoot, writer’s block, characters with and without friends, homages, humans and non-humans, scratches, squeaks and barks. From Chelsea buns to casseroles, we share the highs and lows, but the stories all go to show what can be done with a prompt, a few hours, and a colourful imagination.
These are also available as individual volumes…
The five ‘Fifty 5pm Fictions’ (the stories featured on my 5pm Fiction slot) are available as eBooks from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk (and other Amazon countries) at just $0.99 / £0.77 per collection – details here.
All three Story A Day May Collections are available as eBooks from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk (and other Amazon countries) for $0.99 / £0.77 – which works out at 5c/3p a story, detailed here. These collections comprise the 31 short stories and flash fiction written from daily prompts given during May 2011, May 2012 and May 2013. No prompt information, no author comments, just the stories themselves. Inspired by the Story A Day.org website.
- April’s Fool (a competition-winning story about a long-suffering farmer’s wife from forthcoming anthology ‘Calendar Girls’) – eShort available free from Smashwords, Sony, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and Kobo.
- Feeding the Father (a competition-shortlisted monologue from the forthcoming first-person anthology ‘It’s All About Me’) – eShort available free from Smashwords, Sony, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and Kobo.
- Portela or Sacavém – eShort available free from Smashwords. This story was prompted by the winner of this blog’s 500-word challenge December 2015.
- The Dark Side (from the forthcoming second-person anthology ‘It’s All About You’) – eShort available free from Smashwords, Sony, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and Kobo.
- The Threadbare Girl (from the anthology Story a Day May 2011) – eShort available free from Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and Kobo. You can watch the YouTube trailer here. 🙂
TO FOLLOW (in no particular order):
- a lad-lit novella about a very personal trainer
- a general fiction novella about a woman’s death – and her complicated life
- a first-person anthology (which will include ‘Feeding the Father’ above)
- a second-person anthology (which will include ‘The Dark Side’ above)
- a third-person anthology about some more weird but wonderful men
- Calendar Girls: a third-person anthology about some weird but wonderful women (which will include April’s Fool above)
…and anything else that spills out. 🙂