Writer’s Block Workbooks
*** BREAKING NEWS!! Vols 1&2 (months one) are now available as online courses! ***
I am currently planning eight volumes of eBook workbooks to help you if you’re stuck with ideas. Volume 1 and 2 are already released (see below) and I shall be eBooking the others the next few weeks.
The 365-Day Writer’s Block Workbook (Volume 1) (currently my best selling eBook!) contains over a thousand sentence starts, three per day, with writing tips at the end of each week to motivate and inspire, providing kick-starts to avoid the dreaded ‘writer’s block’.
Useful for any writer at any level, whether they have 10 minutes or 10 hours, to start a new project. Also an ideal tool for writing groups.
With a combination of six first-person, six second-person, six third-person and three non-specific point of view starts per week, there are plenty to choose from.
Beginning at ‘Day 1’ this book has been designed to be started at any time of the year, and regardless of whether the sentences are used in order or not.
With a choice of three per day a writer can select one, two or all and see where it leads them.
Volume 2 is now available and based on a similar format to Volume 1 but three sets of five keywords per day – one set, two sets or for a real challenge, all three sets, to be included in your story or poem.
Reviews received to-date for Volume 1:
- 5* on Smashwords: “A lovely concept, elegantly [ha!] delivered. The narrative and notes at the end of each page help: They provide further useful hints. Buy it to find out why elegantly amuses me!”
- 5* on Smashwords: “Thoroughly loved learning from your knowledge and you really are inspirational in your writing, i am glad I stumbled across you. Thank you.”
- via Facebook: “Morgen you write wonderful creative writing books. I’m very happy with the one I bought.”
- 5* on Amazon.com: “I came across this book by accident after browsing through the dozens of other books out there who claim to help with writer’s block. I have only just downloaded it, and after reading only a few prompts, my mind is buzzing with lots of story ideas already. Morgen uses just a few words to kickstart ideas, leaving the rest up to your imagination which is how it should be – I don’t want to re-write another author’s work and ideas – I just need a little help to be able to create “original” ones. As a newbie writer I liked the intro that Morgen gave on first, second, third person perspectives, past and present tenses and how they can all be used to mix-and-match for even more new ideas. I also liked the “tip of the week” which helps to keep you on the right track and avoid new-writer mistakes. This book will keep me going with lots of story ideas for quite some time!!”
- via Facebook: “Ooh! I think I’ll get this, it looks good. :)” followed by “It’s very good. I can personally recommend it.”
Very happy with those. This first workbook was also featured on Luan-WowWeddingShows eNewspaper.
Reviews received to-date for Volume 2:
- 5* on Amazon.co.uk: Looking at a white page, the brightness reflecting the blankness in your mind? Reach for this book, find today and start playing with the words offered. Write them out and look. There, your page isn’t blank, the whiteness has learned to hold type. You have started so now you only need to keep going. Let the prompt words frolic in your mind, see where a prompt can take you. Each week you get a useful tip too. This is a lovely example of an author helping others to overcome white page paralysis.
- 4* on Amazon.co.uk: I bought this book to use as a guide for the creative workshops I give. It is what it says on the tin.
- 5* on Amazon.com: This book is a big help for writer’s and non-writer’s alike it will help those who write as well as the up and coming. I have read and learned so much and I just enjoyed reading it and it taught me so much!!!
- 5* on Amazon.com: I really enjoyed this book. The 365-Day writers Block Book. There is no way you could have writers block with this book around! It gives you daily topics to write on which with just this one book, you could be kept busy for years! Must read for writers!
There will be further volumes, each one based on the above format; with a choice of daily exercises and tip at the end of each week. Exercises include random prompts, pictures, scenarios etc.