I very rarely let you know about my writing, usually because I do so little of it. I can call myself a writer because I write (and so can you). I can call myself an author because I’ve been published (by someone other than myself)… and so can you if that’s the case, even if just online rather than in print… so this post is so we can report what we have done and have planned. Yes, ‘we’ as in you and me, not myself and whichever alter ego is hanging around at the time.🙂
This is our opportunity to share with the world… OK, 1200+ subscribers and 7000+ followers of this blog… how your writing (or other writing-related events) is going. It’s not an opportunity to tout for sales.
In no more than 150 words (total), tell us (via the comments box* – you can use the template below – or the form at the end) what you’ve written to-date, a little about your current WIP (if you not superstitious – some authors are) and what you have planned for the next few weeks. You can include up to two links: one for your website (if you have one) and a purchase link. As I said, no touting, so that’s as touty as you can get. Anything other than the requested information will be trimmed.🙂 *NB don’t include your email address if leaving the details within the comments section unless you want it to appear publicly. It won’t be included if submitted via the form unless you specifically wish it (let me know via the to-date, WIP or planned boxes).
We can then chart your progress and hopefully by posting this it will give you a nudge so you have made some by the time I post the following month’s ‘Our writing’ post. So, do share with us the following…
- Purchase link:
- Current WIP:
Right, so I’ll kick things off with mine…
- Name: Morgen Bailey
- Website: www.morgenbailey.wordpress.com
- Purchase link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morgen-Bailey/e/B007SNIBF8
- To-date: 400+ short stories (eBooked and in anthologies), one published chick lit novel, seven others (crime-related) in some stage of draft, some articles, online and in-person creative writing and I.T. courses.
- Current WIP: comic crime novel, about 60,000 words in. Originally planned for adults but will probably be targeted as Y.A. Under consideration by one agent. May send to more when complete.
- Planned: I was going to do a new project for this NaNoWriMo but it’ll be more of a NaNoEdMo as I want to eBook my back catalogue (currently in files) and, if time, create more online courses.
So, thank you for reading this and I look forward to hearing all about your writing via the form or comments boxes below.
- Lisa Ezegbu
- Website: http://www.lisasquill.blogspot.com
- To-date: One published novel: Mystery Notes – it’s a medical thriller featuring an anatomy psycho.
- Work-in-progress: A thriller novel still untitled.
- Planned: Working on my new blog. www.lisasquill.blogspot.com. It’s a fiction blog where I’ll feature short stories. I’m hoping to get more people interested in reading fiction. What are writers without the readers? We need each other.
I agree. Thank you, Lisa. It’s a shame your blog isn’t a WordPress one or I could add it to Other Writing-Related WordPress Blogs.
- Persis Granger
- Website: http://www.PersisGranger.com
- Purchase link: http://www.persisgranger.com/Books.htm
- To-date: Three self-published works (2 YA historical fiction set in the Adirondack Mountains of NY, 1890s) and an anthology of stories by 10 women about coping with a parent’s Alzheimer’s disease. I also organize events for groups of writers – retreats, readings, workshops and signings.
- Work-in-progress: An adult novel set c. 1989, in and out of progess since 2009
- Planned: NaNoWriMo! I’ll plow to the end of the above during November, claiming only new writing as my countable words. Send me powerful vibes!
Oh we will do, Persis.
- R C Bonitz
- Website: http://rcbonitz.com
Purchase link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RC+Bonitz
- To-date: Four of my novels and a short story have been published. The fourth just came out and I’m busy promoting it while finishing my WIP. My stories are contemporary and until recently, all set in New England.
Work-in-progress: My WIP has just been reviewed by my Beta readers and I’m now doing some revising. It’s a love story set on a fictional Caribbean island. It takes a unique twist at the end. I’ve never been to the Caribbean, but my writer friend lived there for ten years. Coffee every couple of weeks was sufficient to drag all sorts of local information out of her..:-)
- Planned: Said writer friend and I are working on another WIP that is a departure from my usual genre. This one is a mystery novel we’ve attacked on and off for the last three years. We’re at it seriously now though so we hope to finish it sometime in the next four months. Writing with a partner is quite interesting and thus far has gone smoothly. I’ll keep you posted as we go along.
Please do, RC. Thank you, ladies. And now let’s hear from the guys… er, guy.🙂
- Mark K
- Website: http://shortstoriesbymarkk.wordpress.com
- To-date: Recently re-read two novels that I finished some years ago. Pleasantly surprised! They were nowhere near as bad as I thought they would be. I had no idea what I was doing when I wrote them. Going to re-read my short stories next and tweak.
- Work-in-progress: Trying to make my blog readable and interesting. Was told my first attempt was too ‘scary,’ would probably put people off and that I came across as a psychopath! Which was the idea, I wanted something different. But I do appreciate straight-talking feedback and the person who told me this has been blogging for years (no it wasn’t Morgen… she would have been less brutal) I have taken taken that advice and changed the blog.
- Planned: Stop keep making the same (blooming) mistakes.Buy more of Morgen’s on-line courses because they are very helpful. Stop working so hard and FIND MORE TIME TO WRITE.
Thank you, Mark. I especially agree with finding more time to write… and am delighted you find my course helpful. I do plan to get more online by Christmas.
Would you like to see your details here? Send me your information via…