- mixed 15-30 minute episodes of multi-genre or genre-specific hints & tips, recommendations, ideas, on this day in history and flash fiction or poetry freebie;
- interview special episodes with a semi-formal Q&A with lots of chat in between (taken over in August 2011 by the daily blog interviews);
- review special episodes – mostly from literature festivals I’ve attended or volunteered at (as and when they happen);
- ‘red pen’ critique episodes where I read a story or novel extracts then talk about its strengths and weaknesses;
- flash fiction / short story episodes (originally at the end of each hints & tips but now in dedicated episodes).
The podcast was available via iTunes and Google’s Feedburner but is no longer running but there’s plenty of information dotted around this blog, predominantly in the Competitions Calendar, Submission info. and Events sections. If you would like a story of <500 words for Flash Fiction Fridays, you can email me.
Other writing-related podcasts include:
- Books & Authors / Open Book (BBC Radio 4);
- Bound Off Short Story Podcast;
- The Classic Tales Podcast;
- The Creative Writing Podcast;
- Grammar Girl;
- The Guardian Books Podcast;
- I Should Be Writing;
- Litopia (you’ll hear me on some of the older Open House episodes!);
- New Yorker Fiction Podcast;
- Nobilis Erotica;
- PRI Selected Shorts;
- Roundtable Podcast;
- World Book Club (BBC World Service);
- The Writers’ Guild of GB;
- Writing Excuses;
- The Writing Show;
- 512 Words or Fewer.
You can subscribe and / or listen to the episodes via these websites or go to iTunes, Google Feedburner etc. and search by title.