Hello. It’s been a really long time since we had any six-word stories. In fact it’s been almost a year; tenth November last year, since I posted any. That’s because I’ve only had four submissions since then. So without further ado, here they are:
From: Valerie Fish – Writing from the heart
- Born too soon, died too soon.
- Baby’s first steps; mum’s at work.
- Yesterday ninety, today my father’s gone.
- Even beds of roses have thorns.
- Writing’s saved me, thank the lord.
- Another month gone, another chance missed.
From: Susanne Stahley – writer, director, fiction, documentaries
- Even store perfume girls ignored Jeanne.
- Wintertime, snowbirds shunned the ripening blueberries.
- Without warning, the knife dripped scarlet.
- Angie flawlessly skated the ice electric.
- Waited… the dot never became plane.
- Red, purple, green. Worse hat ever.
From: Rehanna, connecting you with your audiences
- She stopped crying when she realised.
- Superglue never conceals damage to vases.
- Fee fi fo fum crunch burp.
- Pig uses bricks: enjoys wolf soup.
- As he fell, she jumped too.
- He gained confidence through attempting fiction.
- Nice hairstyle! It’s a wig. Chemo.
- Six words flash brightly on Twitter.
From: Maryam Kurbanova, writes poetry and essays
- Love it. Got it. Regretted it.
- Covered in chocolate. Got a smack.
- House on fire. Cousins came over.
- Last cookie. Time out. She started.
- I was happy, careless. A dream.
- Big shiny trophies. Mostly not mine.
- Bought the china. It collects dust.
- Tornado was here. Cleaned it yesterday.
From: Chong Teck SIM, Singapore, Bookworm, Volunteer
- Shaking bed. Vibrating floorboard. Annoyed neighbours.
- Fake watches. Unsuspecting tourists. Smirking businessman.
- Kidney stone. Flank pain. Distressed patient.
- Mentorship programme. Eighty-nine applicants. None successful.
- Graduation ceremony. Uninvited guest: acne cyst.
- Oxbridge summer programmes. Successful admission. Yay!
- Tomato-red soup. One spoonful: coughing fits.
- Spendthrift lifestyle. Little savings. Painful retirement.
- Speed dating. Pretty woman. No suitors.
- Wealthy family. Handsome lover. Still miserable…
Thank you everyone. They were fabulous!