Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and seventy-fifth piece in this series. This week’s is the thirty-second bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies!
by Allyson Salmon – flash published, trying harder
- Lies plus statistics equals guesswork codified
by Chong Teck SIM – aspiring Singaporean writer
- Lottery winner. Indiscriminate spending. Regretful memories.
- Dancing robots. Screaming children. Bored parents.
- Expensive price tag. Unsmiling customer.
- New shirt. Empty wallet. Dejected student.
- Burping throughout the job interview.
- Vintage car. Numerous buyers. Unsatisfied owner.
- Gongfu performance. Enthralled audience. Happy organiser.
- Leaving town. Zero possession. Fresh start.
- During dinner, an unwelcomed stranger appears.
- Before leaving, an unexpected letter arrives.
by Dick C. Waters self-published author (whose 6-worders are inspired by the chapter headings of his novel ‘Complete my Heart’, published under the pen name of Dixie Waters – below are the final ten).
- Remember life is what is important
- Best be prepared for rough waters
- When life blows something good – sail
- Love is about dreams – make them!
- Hearts possess the most lasting marks
- Broken hearts need a mending lover
- Detours make the open road great
- Much nicer to touch someone’s heart
- Good looks sometimes get bad looks
- Woman’s heart best reached by shortcut
by Mark K – a writer? Trying hard on Donald Trump : Questions And Quotes
- “Nobody hates Mexicans more than me.”
- “I’m rich, you’re poor, so what?”
- “I’ll straighten out Frisco’s gay community.”
- “If I die, comb my hair.”
- “Botox? Absolutely not… This pout’s natural!”
- “Me, spoilt? Are you being serious?”
- “Trust me and I’ll shaft you.”
- “This tan’s not from a bottle.”
- “I look yellow under these lights.”
- “The idiots believe everything I say.”
- “Know this… I’m better than you!”
- “I’m the perfect advert for hair-spray!”…
and then some from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Wow! Has another month gone already?
- Many entries to my 100-word competition!
- Too few to the 500-word challenge.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (up to ten per blog post, although you can send as many as you like and I’ll either pick the best ones or if I like most / all of them, schedule ahead) and / or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here.
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
Pictures above courtesy of morguefile.com
*** Breaking news! My online creative writing courses are currently half price! ***
You can subscribe to this blog on your Kindle / Kindle app via Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com. Alternatively, you can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything (see right-hand vertical menu).
You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating. Thank you.
If you would like to send me a book review of another author’s books or like your book reviewed (short stories, contemporary crime / women’s novels or writing guides), see book-reviews for the guidelines. Other options listed on opportunities-on-this-blog. And I post writing exercises every weekday on four online writing groups.