Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent will be posting my Word Count Wednesdays posts so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These random sheet posts include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- Perry takes potshot at the great white male
- A photo of a lynx with underneath the text: Plea to return Lynx to Highlands
- A player changes at Weston Green Sports Club in Surrey, where washing facilities leave a lot to be desired and some teams are forced to change into their kit outdoors
- What’s your coupe size, Kate? We’ll drink to that
- Battle to decide whether we share planet with the apes
- A safe bet to open London Film Festival
- South Korea: ‘Grave sin’ of ferry captain
- Vietnam: Hijack fears for missing tanker
- Let’s hear it for Karen
- Oliver Write that he’s really an agent for revolutionary change
- Rugby Union: Cockerill: Wasps could struggle
- Stay-at-home parents and carers need to be valued